“Dinner for 2”

Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Peacehaven
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Friendly Pub serving freshly prepared locally sourced food from 11.30 am until 9 pm during the week & 11.30 am until 8 pm on Sundays. We also have a weekly food specials board prepared by our chefs which regularly includes locally caught fresh fish. Good range of local craft beers, ciders, wines & spirits. Drinks & food offers throughout the week every week. Free weekend live entertainment Saturdays evenings & Sunday lunchtime. We are also available for functions to include Charity events, Engagements, Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Wakes, Baby Showers, Retirement parties, Work parties, Leaving parties etc. We cater for vegetarians & people with a special dietary requirement. We are situated in Telscombe cliffs & as the name suggests it is an area with stunning historic cliff views. One of our beer gardens is located at the top of the cliffs which is perfect for your event pictures or just to sit & relax with a drink & to take in the stunning views. The Meridian Trail runs all the way along the cliff top to the rear of the pub, so a perfect place to start & stop for refreshments after a days hiking. For people with restricted mobility we have a designated disabled entrance with a ramp and we are also a child & dog friendly pub. For further information please Email details of your event to us through our website or for other general enquiries please give us a call.
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Myself & my partner decided to have dinner early (5.30). Plenty of tables to sit inside or out. Fabulous choice of spirits & wine. We ate off the half price Monday menu. My partner had locally sourced fish & chips with mushy peas & on the recommendation of our waitress, Casey, I chose the locally sourced sausages with Mash & onion gravy. Everyone we came into contact with were polite & courteous & all worked well together. They were attentive, without being intrusive. The manager, Candy, suggested I try the strawberry gin with lemonade, as a change to my normal g & t. The food was delicious & full of flavour. My partner used to be a fisherman & could tell the fish was fresh & we noted the mushy pease were home made. We were allowed time to relax after our main course & then ordered desserts. I had chocolate brownie, which came served warm with 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream. My partner chose the banana longboat, which he said was delicious. Various offers available during the week on both food & drinks. We will certainly be back.

2  Thank newhavengirl

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a couple of nights in our Campervan...great find, great food and great staff. A couple of staff members really stood out for their friendliness and overall level of service (Gavin and Jon). Thank you for making us feel very welcome and look forward to returning very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Perfect for couples or a group of mix ages and sex . Food is nice .quite resnable for a night out . Or lunch Sunday or any evening one is free .

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Al-shamkhani
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch with friends and intended to have one of their fantastic prawn sandwiches. However, we discovered that on Mondays all main meals are half price. Two enormous fish and chips with beautiful fresh fish, one chicken burger and one tiger prawn salad followed, and were all delicious. How we managed to find room for dessert I don’t know, but they sounded so tempting that we did. Three honeycomb sundaes and a fresh fruit salad with heaps of cream were all totally yummy. Highly recommended, excellent menu.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely Sunday lunch. Roast beef and all the trimmings my husband had the burger with extra delicious onion rings. Always order these. Served by the very helpful and friendly Mandy. .
However we thought yesterday would try the new tapas menu with a jug of sangria. 3 tapas and sangria for £20 sat outside in the sun and we could have been in Spain. The aubergine with honey was amazing as was the garlic prawns and chicken. My husband who had returned from Spain that morning said it was better than the tapas he had eaten.
Keep it up Telscombe Tavern you are doing a great job.

Date of visit: May 2018
Lynn A, Owner at Telscombe Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. Our aim is always to provide good food and friendly service so its great to hear that our customers have enjoyed their experience with us, Thank you for taking the time to share it here, we look forward to seeing you again soon.