“This place is the BEST!”
Review of Taste of Tokyo

Taste of Tokyo
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Destrehan
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food here is fantastic. It's very tasty with generous portions. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The owner (i think), Ms Jasmine is a great person and adds that personal touch to your visit. I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

One of the favorite hotspots for my friends and I to eat lunch and dinner through out the week. Service is fast and food is always delicious but a little pricey.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Always fresh and good tasting sushi. My husband likes the raw and I like the cooked. Both choices are excellent. For a light lunch, I get the House Soup. Delicious! Also, the Seaweed Salad and the Scallop & Spinach are awesome!

Reviewed 18 January 2017

The service is average, the atmosphere lively (full of families, loud, but fun), and the food presentable. The one issue is the use of MSG. The food here all has a very high sodium content. If you are at all sensitive to MSG or to sodium in general, you need to stay away. We appreciate having a local restaurant, so order carry-out occasionally - solely to support the locals.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is our go-to place for sushi rolls. We've always found the food and service to be fine. There's a wide selection of sushi, shashimi, rolls as well as other menu items (teriyaki, tempura, etc.).

Sometimes the sushi rolls aren't wrapped that well and end up falling apart on the plate. It creates a mess, but nothing detrimental to the experience.

Prices are reasonable for this style restaurant.

Like I mentioned earlier, we've been here several times and don't see why we won't continue patronizing them.