“The total experience”

Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Destrehan
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Plantation Manor Restaurant is a unique creole restaurant serving the freshest culinary creations indigenous to our local region; Local grown vegetables, fresh seafood from our bountiful Louisiana waters, and tender beef top a menu created by the talented Chef Richard. Set in our plantation, amidst 200 year old oaks along the banks of the Mississippi River as the kettle reminds you of plantation days of old where Sugar once reigned as white gold and the mysteries of the walls of history build our heritage in past and future. Lunch is served Tuesday - Friday, 11 am - 2 pm, Dinner - Thursday and Friday evenings, 5 pm - 9 pm. Dress is business/dressy casual. Menus are available on our Website or Facebook for Daily Specials. Also, visit and stay at our elegant 5 suite Bed and Breakfast. Rate includes a plantation breakfast and occupancy for two.
Reviewed 20 August 2017

What a beautiful historic setting! Everything about this place is delightful. Easy parking, lovely grounds open to their guests, an interesting menu with great food, friendly staff and lots of southern hospitality. This is also the perfect sight for special occasions.

1  Thank M S
Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted you found our property interesting and enjoyable. We do hope you will visit again for another dose of Southern Hospitality. Best Regards!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The atmosphere is wonderful, the service is awesome and the food is delicious! The menu is packed with dishes that everyone will love.

1  Thank Craig M
Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience. We hope to see you again to try another delicious dish!

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The food was good. It's a little more fine dining environment for lunch and the prices reflect that, but I didn't find them unreasonable. Our waitress was friendly and helpful although I felt the service part was slow. At our table we crab cakes, the Brie and Crab dip, shrimp scampi, salad, and chicken tenders for the non adventurous eater in group. Everything was delicious and well prepared. Definitely worth the stop for lunch!

2  Thank Melissa V
Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for your review of the restaurant. At Ormond Plantation Restaurant we want our you to have a total dining experience, whether lunch or dinner, at our beautiful plantation. To sit, relax and enjoy time, food and each other's company. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch and the food was delicious. Each and every order is prepared and cooked fresh to order by our talented Chef. We apologize for the slow service but do hope you will return again for lunch or dinner. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Our wedding reception was beautiful and so much fun but I was very disappointed because I was told the coozies would be put in a basket a few at a time at the bar and that was not done because they forgot. We have more than half of our coozies sitting at home now. Also I was told the plantation will supply the champagne and glasses for the toast. The bridal attendant told my photographer "no" when my photographer told her to call all of the bridal party by the cake table. So i got no pictures with all of our bridal party at the reception. I was told the champagne glasses were at the bar. Okay what good was that? They were not at the table.I planned with the manager and met with her for a few months and I even met with her two days before the wedding to make sure everything was set in stone. She was so nice and helpful. I never even met the wedding attendant and she was the one taking care of us at the wedding, she was nice. I felt like there was a lack of communication because I paid a lot of money for our special day and those simple things I asked for was not done as promised. I know things happen and can not be perfect sometimes but it is not like I was asking for hard things to do. I was so excited and caught up in the moment that I did not realized until the next day that i did recieve what I expected and paid for and it was to late to do anything about it. Sometimes it is the little things that mean a lot. But the food was AMAZING! Chef is awesome.

Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

We received several compliments on your reception but of course our main goal is to please you, the bride.
We ask our brides for a timeline for their reception and our Bridal Attendant follows their requests and coordinates the activities as each couple orchestrates their celebration differently.
- The koozies, as favors, are usually put out for the guests to take, some at the bar to use for drinks and the others on the favor table.
- The champagne flutes are put on the cake table from the bride and groom, others are kept at the bar should the wedding party want a champagne toast usually followed on the timeline from the couple.
- Wedding pictures - Each couple does their wedding pictures differently. Some take pictures before the ceremony, some after, etc. Usually our brides and their photographer coordinates the sequence of pictures taken for the night.
Our Bridal Attendant assists with the coordination of these events and always does a wonderful job handling wedding parties.
We apologize for your feeling your requests were not properly carried out and communication lost.
Although the wedding was beautiful, the food amazing and everyone may have had a wonderful time; it is the little things that count in looking at the big picture. We are extremely sorry to hear of any disappointment you may have experienced on your special day. Our goal is to please our brides in each and every way. We hope that you accept our apologies and will not let this sour a beautiful start to an amazing future as Mr. and Mrs.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

The restaurant in this plantation is consistently good. They have big portions for very reasonable prices. The smoked pork, eggplant maurepas, crab and brie dip, etc are always delicious. A meal like this 20 minutes to the east would be triple the price. Take the trip out and you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank nolanola8
Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2017

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your meal. We strive to provide a delicious dining experience in our local setting. Thank you for the recommendation, our customers are the best! Please come back and visit!