Ormond Plantation Manor House
US$62
Expedia
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsriver roadbed and breakfastmain buildinglarge roomnew orleanspineapple roomleveeweddingbricklouisianaguestshallway
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to spend a night at a Southern plantation. We read the reviews and chose Ormond. When we arrived it was raining very hard and we had travelled a long way. As I always do I informed the person who took our reservation that we had a service dog with papers. Upon arrival we entered the office area. We were shocked to see the mess in that room! We were given the keys to our room and then ask to wait for the manager. After what seems like a long period of time Robin appeared. She immediately shook her head at our 10 lb Yorkshire Terrier and told us that it was unacceptable to have him there. She barely gave me a chance to say very much as she indicated that he would urinate on her things. I tried to explain that service dogs were always accepted because of the medical condition of the person who had one. I told her what service he performed and attempted to show her his papers. She did not want to look at them and basically told us to get out!! I informed her about the law and she said she didn't care! I asked one more time did she have our room for us. She implied that she had a room and indicated it was a "dog room". We would have left but we didn't know the area and it was raining so hard and we were so wet and tired. Robin reluctantly showed us the room. It was quite large. For everyone with the carpets on the floor wear a cream-colored and quite stained. Of course it is an old building, and I suppose they try to keep it as clean as they can. Having said that, our room was dusty ( old fake flowers); many flies and even little tiny geckos wandering around. There was one small air conditioner.. free standing for that large room. There was no hot water for a shower or to wash with. We couldn't even turn the shower on. Now, we also were not told that we would be the only ones overnight in the Plantation. I asked and was told not to worry! It was quite creepy being alone there that night. In addition there was a small room across the hallway filled with antique dolls that added to the odd atmosphere. Now I don't want to be completely negative. Dinner was absolutely delicious. Our waitress Sherry was a doll. (We did have to sit in a separate dining room away from other guests, I suppose because of the dog. As usual, our little Snoopy sat under the table quietly throughout the entire meal. We were the only two people for breakfast in the morning, which we were told was at 9 a.m.. Jill the prep chef, served it fabulously! She was just delightful. All in all I would definitely recommend the restaurant, but the room we slept in was less than desirable for the money we paid
It is not my wish to disparage a small business, and a beautiful piece of property, but we did not feel the manager was at all polite or courteous to us.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Loved it. I think our tour guide, Frank, I believe, may have been the best of all the plantations we visited! We also enjoyed the indigo demonstration. The documents room was impressive, though my mom and sister found it to be very claustraphobic.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jill W
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I stayed at the plantation for two nights. It was wonderful! The Pineapple room is where we stayed. Robin (the manager) said it is her favorite. It overlooks the veranda which is very peaceful and beautiful. The Ormand Room is next to the Pineapple room and is set the same way, just different colors. We highly recommend staying in either one, if they are available.

The food is INCREDIBLE and must be experienced to fully appreciate! Our first experience was dinner on Thursday night. Our server was Jill (an amazing lady!) and we asked her for suggestions. We decided on the Creole Stuffed Eggplant Parmesian and the Fried Catfish. OH MY GOODNESS...SO GOOD!!!!!!

We wanted to leave at 6p to get seats for the conference we were there for. The food was so good we had to stay and finish experiencing it.

Friday morning's breakfast was no less AMAZING!!! We started off with homemade biscuits and French Toast with Almonds. WOW!!! We were completely satisfied with just that when omelets were then presented to us. I was unable to eat everything. I was completely full. And, it lasted until (and really) past lunch.

We decided to eat a light lunch because breakfast was still digesting.

I could go and on, but hopefully you get the idea.

The Ormond Planation Bed & Breakfast is top notch and MUST BE EXPERIENCED!!! It was said while we were there, it is 5 star quality at 3 star prices and we completely agree!

As a side note, they do have free wifi, but it is not able to be picked up in the rooms because the walls are so thick (which also makes it very quiet!).

Room Tip: We recommend the Pineapple or Ormond room
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Ormondplantation, Owner at Ormond Plantation Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

We thank you for choosing our plantation for your stay while on business in the area. We are also thankful to see you enjoyed your culinary experience with us. Jill is a great server on our Thursday evening dining and we are happy to hear you enjoyed her suggestions. Our plantation breakfast which is included in the price of our B & B stay is very popular with our guests! We thank you for your AMAZING review and hope you will visit in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

This place is typical of many former plantations in the area, always interesting to see all the individual rooms. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was outstanding. We were visiting friends in the area, and I barely remember the waitress - which is a good thing. Unobtrusive but everything was right there when we wanted it.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Ormondplantation, Public Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Thank you, we are happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us at Ormond Plantation. We love our guests to have their privacy and also relax while enjoying their meal with family or friends. Please, do come again.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

A wonderful lunch outside on the patio. Christine was the server and provided our group with a history of the area and was interested in helping our group have fun in NOLO. The Les Miles salad was one of the best I have ever had! A gem along River Road.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Ormondplantation, Guest Relations Manager at Ormond Plantation Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your lunch on the patio and happy to hear the weather was cooperating for the day! Christine is a valuable asset to us and strives to provide great service to our customers. We hope your visit to NOLA was most enjoyable, also. Thank you for visiting and we hope you come again.