“Basic sushi quality subpar”
Review of Uchi Sushi

Uchi Sushi
Ranked #17 of 29 Restaurants in Destrehan
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Sushi place surrounded by businesses in typical shopping center. Parking is a little tough (lunch time), but manageable. For those interested, there is a Pokemon gym here too. Inside is typical slated hardwood wall decorations, low lighting, big windows, and pretty comfortable seating. I opted for sushi, though habachi is available. Ordered one of the lunch specials. Order included 6 pieces of California and 6 snowcrab, and clear or miso soup. I went with clear, and it was a typical clear soup, nothing wrong, nothing amazing about it. I order these sushis as a test for a sushi place I never visiting because they tend to be hard to do wrong. Unfortunately, the rice tasted old and the rolls didn't hold their form. The price was unreasonable as a lunch special as well, and from my calculations, ordering the items individually is the same price. Staff was nice and did check on me multiple times for my short visit and answered my questions.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This location is relatively quiet during lunch, making it great for discussing business. The service is a little slow but the food is fresh and tastes great.

My guests enjoyed the meal, so I will make this restaurant a regular option in my lunch selection.