“An unexpected treasure”

Anita's Smokin Steak Burgers
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Boutte
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My wife and I were recently in Boutte for two nights. The first night I drove through town on the main highway looking for a place to get a takeout for supper. All I saw were chain restaurants, until I happened to see Anita's. It is an unassuming place, both outside and inside, but the food is wonderful!! The first night, we split a fried catfish sandwich and a fried shrimp poboy. Both were delicious, and the shrimp poboy was so good that the next night (after spending the day in New Orleans, with all of its eating places), we got another shrimp poboy from Anita's. Yes, they are that good. Note: their specialty is hamburgers, and they looked and smelled great on the grill, but, oh, that shrimp poboy!

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small hole in the wall place to eat but they have the best burgers! My husband heard about this place so we stopped in on way back from New Orleans.. prices were great! Portion large!

Reviewed 14 March 2017

If you are looking for a great hamburger and fries, this is the place to go. Get there early for lunch because they fill up fast! The burgers are big and juicy made with quality ingredients.

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I had the large burger with lettuce, extra tomato and extra raw red onions, mayo and mustard. I had them cut my burger in half. Good move on my part. Fries was pretty good too. They cook to order so everything is fresh and hot.
Great job guys!
I highly recommend Anita's!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Burgers are huge and made while you wait....anyway you want!! Atmosphere is very drab but the food is well worth it.Take it to go if you looking for a glamorous place to eat but the food is awesome.