“Great BBQ ”

Pop's Southern Style BBQ
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Morehead
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stopped here after visiting Cave Run Lake and we were not disappointed. We loved the ribs and pulled pork. Friendly service and very clean. Lots of parking which was nice since we had our boat with us.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Traveling through to Lexington and picked out Pop's from Morehead's listing on TripAdvisor.
Glad we did, the day was cold and windy with snow showers, so no sitting outside.
The inside is small and rustic, but not packed on a Saturday afternoon.
The beef brisket was highly recommended by another customer and I tried it with slaw and "Cheesy Taters".
The slaw was average (I'm more of tart slaw fan than sweet), but the taters were super and the brisket as advertised.
All for under ten bucks before tip!
The waitress was very sweet and as an average BBQ eater at best, I loved it and if I ever ride by Morehead again-I'll stop at Pop's!

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We took carryout to our campsite at Twin Knobs and it was amazing! We fed 12 people with 4 meals. The BEST ribs I have ever eaten at a restaurant and I actually make prize winning ribs so my family are rib snobs. Such good food! We will eat here anytime we are in the area.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My family has always been a big fan of Pop's. But today was very disappointing. We drove about 35-40 just to eat dinner at pops today. Upon arrival we noticed they were fairly busy, but there was 2 larger tables empty (6 person tables). When the waitress come over to us she said that we could either set outside (its 42 degrees) or wait until someone at a smaller table left. I asked about the 2 empty tables and she said that since there was only 3 of us we couldn't set there. So we left. Good food does not make up for Poor customer service.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

My husband said it was best catfish he has had ever! I tried the smoked turkey sandwich and it was very delicious. I topped it off with moosetracks ice cream We will be returning to try something different on the menu.