“Awesome pizzes but...”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The family always enjoy eating pizzas at Bank Street. The quality of them is always high and mostly very tasty. That said, the green salad we had was really quite poor. A mountain of rocket leaves and barely any cheese with no dressing to be detected. My wife brought this up and they gave us the balsamic dressing to pour. In my mind it went from no dressing to too much dressing.
There were just a few small service-related issues which detract from an outstanding eating experience.
For example, the doors being left open when it is very, very cold outside. Staff and diners alike do this. Why? Why not consider other diners and leave the door as you find it... closed. Also, I like my wine and the glass I had before the pizzas was getting very low. I knew the pizzas weren't far off so the wife and I ordered another wine so that we were ready to eat and continue drinking. The waiter came up with the bottle but no new glass. He said, I'm going to top up your glass. How will you know you have poured the right amount given there's still wine in our glasses? By the owl feet. He poured mine and I estimate he did not top it up enough, but just by a bit. He completely stuffed my wife's wine, and she was ripped off by quite a bit. I recommend that when someone orders another wine while they still have some you actually get another glass. Lash out, and wear the hassle of having to wash another glass.
But to finish on a high, the pizzas were really good. I recommend the Wally.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We had lunch at Bank Street on Saturday and were so impressed with the delicious food, speedy service and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Probably the best service staff I have seen anywhere!

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Lovely place with plenty of character and great food and service. It was recommended and lived to the expectations.

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent choice of great pizzas. Service was very good. However, we asked if we could half and half of 2 different pizzas. The answer was no. Unfortunately, later heard the table next to us ordered half and half and was told yes. "But don't tell any one". A little disappointing.!!!!!

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We had lunch for 12 and the service was very good and on time The Pizza's were interesting and very good The Scotty, potato, fig were stand out 3 for me Good wine list We were outside on a lovely easter sunday