“Mmmmmmm delicious breakfast!!”

Cuisines: European, Australian, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We had breakfast here on Sunday and it was divine! So much food, fast service and it was delicious! I had bacon and eggs with mushrooms and the meal was huge. The coffee was just what we needed on a cold morning!

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I went there for lunch during the week.

It was very quiet.

Ordered a platter, wine and coffee. Food and wine were good, but on the expensive side for what they were. Coffee was too bitter for my taste.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

We've been to Fowles quite a few times for lunches, normally for special occasions and sometimes just for a treat. It is normally, or used to be, the best feed in the Seymour region.
We went there for a birthday lunch. All was good with the entree, for the Arincini balls and aioli are really good. Then the problems started. Pretty well as soon as we had finished our entree our mains came out. This was meet with shock by the family. The waitress offered to take them away, but I reckon they weren't going to make a fresh lunch so I felt we had to take the meals.
The next problem was the duck. I can't recall tasting a meal so void of flavours. The salad didn't have a lot going for it, and the poor duck had nothing to go with it. Just duck. That may be fine for all those duck killers out there, but not for me I'm afraid. I didn't finish that meal, and that's saying a lot.
My wife had a plate of small items and they were okay, but my daughter had a fish dish with a potato salad and that was good.
We also normally have desserts and buy some wines but I was put off giving them any more of my money than I had to after that.
When my wife was paying the bill she brought up the quick turn around of meals. He said he asked the waitress about it, and she said we asked for the meals to come out quick. Wife said no, we said no such thing. The guy then said, oh, it must have been a misunderstanding. Congratulations, you are officially arrogant.
Not even a happy birthday or candle for a table with a birthday person. Poor.
I was going to give it two stars, for the sake of the Arincini balls, but just remembering that arrogant response made me change it to one star.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Was here for tea recently to attend a work function. Set menu with three choices for mains, plus desserts. I had the chicken breast with herb stuffing and Pannacotta for dessert. Very nice indeed. Was at this venue 18 months ago and was not terribly impressed with the food and the high price on that particular day. This meal a few nights ago was $50.00 for 2 courses. My work friend who traveled with me had the same as me and thought it wasn't good value for money. In saying that, the meal was delicious. Staff very friendly.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Visited for lunch, from the moment we walked in it was a great experience, friendly staff, great service ,beautiful food and superb wine what more can I say visit this place you won't be disappointed