Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$100
View deal
FindHotel
Expedia
Trip.com
All reviews biscuits sausage eggs hot breakfast fresh fruit bed was very comfortable water pressure would stay here again excellent stay target
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2020 via mobile

The days of checking into any old hotel without a reservation seemed to have gone by the wayside. We also had our dog. I’m not sure if you have ever called the national reservation number for a hotel chain; we hadn’t since the advent of the internet. It’s a complete waste of time including the worst sales people in the world. I mean, seriously, you can go on Trip Advisor and find a hotel that takes dogs in 5 minutes. Holiday Inn has us on hold for 9 minutes before babbling for 5 minutes at a price higher. All we wanted to know is if there were any dog rooms available. OK, the rant is over.

We arrived at the hotel after checking on the phone to see if they had any dog rooms available. The front desk guy was quick and handled everything perfectly at 1:30 in the morning. The dog rooms are on the first floor. The hotel appears to have been given a beauty makeover recently although it may have a rough spot here and there.

It’s reasonably easy to get to the hotel. It was a quiet place and we felt it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was simple with the usual plus cinnamon rolls that were pretty good.

The older gentleman checked us out and was very kind to our dog. Just a few hours sleep is about all we needed and on our way. Anything more than a few hours, I’m not sure.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidkQ9686WR
Iveymary, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Olathe South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear davidkQ9686WR,

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express OLATHE SOUTH. I apologize if we didn't meet your expectations and I will let the Management know your concern. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express.

Mary Ivey
Director of Sales & Marketing/Operation

Reviewed 11 March 2020

We reserved this hotel as part of a block of rooms for a volleyball tournament nearby. Arrived on Friday night, greeted by an older gentleman. He couldn't get the computer to work so he had to hand check in each guest. Check in took at least 30 minutes. When going to the room (302) we noticed a rancid smell as soon as the door was opened. It smelled like a dead animal in the room. We went back downstairs to be told that there were no other rooms available but that the older gentleman would go check it out and see what he could do while we were out to dinner. When we returned the man said he didn't smell anything but went ahead and sprayed some air freshener. (granted when we left he was outside smoking--I doubt he could smell much) So we went to Target next door, and got some Febreeze and some dryer sheets to attach to the air vent. The next morning, I again advised the attendant, he said he would let the housekeeping staff know and take care of it while we were at the tournament--he also advised that there still wouldn't be another room available for us to switch to. It was not taken care of. We did try to have breakfast twice but the food was inedible. Chewy sausage, dry eggs, gooey gravy, hard biscuits, and dry muffins. When we checked out I complained to another front desk person, he said "yeah, we are aware of the smell--but we can't find the dead animal so there's nothing we can do". When I began to tell him that was unacceptable and that its very unhealthy he interrupted me and said "I'll give you 20% off". So extremely rude--this room should not be rented out. It is very unhealthy for us to have breathed that in for two nights! We will never stay here again! And I don't recommend you stay here either. (side note: went down to get a razor because I forgot mine, they didn't have any even though the card in the bathroom says they do)

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank jennz78
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Olathe South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2020

Hello jennz78,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your check- in experience and the condition of the room and breakfast selection. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 December 2019 via mobile

King Suite: Fast efficient Check In by Alex. He also helped me with an app issue, after we got settled in. Clean Facilities throughout. Room was spotless clean. The mirrors, not even a smudge. Bed was very comfortable, we both slept great. Pillow selection was amazing. JR Watkins Bath Products A- plus. The morning Breakfast was Hot and tasty. Kitchen are was kept clean and tidy. Cheese Omelets, Biscuits browned and Gravy was Hot, as should be. Bacon and Sausage was cooked great. Wonderful selection of Pastries and Fresh Fruit, Juice Water, Coffee and Tea. The Morning Assistant Manager walked with us to the car and took the luggage cart back in for us. He was a jovial bearded gentleman.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Iveymary, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Olathe South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2019

Dear 2RetiredHatchling,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express OLATHE SOUTH. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience. I will let Alex and Terry knows about your great comments about them.

Mary Ivey
Director of Sales & Marketing/Operation

Reviewed 5 November 2019

I'm a little confused about people's review of this hotel. I found the staff very friendly and the area was well maintained. I had a nice quiet room that was super clean. My only minor issues was lower water pressure and soft pillows and that's really minor.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank William Y
Iveymary, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Olathe South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2019

Dear William Y,

Kind Regards,

Mary I

Reviewed 4 September 2019

I recently had a block of rooms at this hotel for my daughters wedding. I got excellent feedback from our guests. Mary Ivey took such good care of us, fulfilling every special request and showing us how much she and the hotel appreciated our business. The fam said the breakfast was very good and had a great time socializing and visiting in that area.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Iveymary, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Olathe South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2019

Dear bes3,

Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express OLATHE SOUTH. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve the guest experience.

Mary I