All reviews parking garage convention center front desk close to downtown power and light district restaurant staff nice hotel convenient location business trip hotel stay free breakfast rooms were very clean easy access checking out excellent stay hgi mo
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

My stay at The Hilton Garden Inn in Kansas City, Kansas was tops. The front desk personnel were helpful, friendly, and supportive. My mother passed away suddenly and we had to come to Kansas City to plan her funeral services. Brandee was so lovely and sympathetic. We were really comforted by the staff.
The food is excellent...they make a mean omelette! Good location, clean and quiet. I’d definitely go back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Carey H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Morgan M,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. Our staff is committed to providing a welcoming stay for our guests, and it sounds like Brandee was able to do this for you. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us during this sad time. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

The staff was friendly and efficient. Everything was excellent during our stay. We were only a few minutes from attractions and the airport. If I had a complaint, it would be about the prices for breakfast, which isn't included in the hotel stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear pnut45,

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased that your stay was excellent and you found our staff to be helpful and friendly.

In the future, we do offer some rates that include breakfast, so please ask us about that for your next stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Had trouble getting to it from the airport and then didn't experience a particularly friendly welcome. The staff, at least the shuttle bus driver who got me to and from a restaurant for dinner the next day, slightly redeemed itself over the visit. The room was okay, the amenities standard. As someone else mentioned, there was nothing nearby, but, as I said, the shuttle bus was the best part of the experience.

Room Tip: Lower floors put you closer to amenities
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with our front desk staff have been addressed. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I was extremely dissatisfied. We got a Junior Suite and right away it seemed worn and dated. I went to put a couple of our waters in the refrigerator and there was a container of sour milk in there. I then noticed a rust colored stain on the wall and outlet (to me it looked like blood, had to be thicker consistency not to roll off the plastic outlet). I went to the front desk and gave them the sour milk and told them about the stain, I was told that they would find something for me to wipe it up. I said I was a hotel guest not a worker, he said "oh, I will send someone up." We waited a while and decided to go to dinner. When we came back we were told they cleaned it up and it was just wine, it was not. Back in the room I found a slimy substance on the nightstand, toothpaste and hair running down the sink. Carpets are worn, tub is chipped, lamps don't match, stain on the couch... Also, the walls are so thin the entire room shakes every time someone opens and closes the door. I decided to just wipe down the entire room myself. In the morning, we went down to breakfast and most of the chairs were thread bare. There was no silverware on the tables, we had to request it. A man asked for cream for his coffee and was given the entire carton on his table. Service was seriously lacking. Needless to say this has got to be one of my worst hotel experiences.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grapeeyes
Carey H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Hello grapeeyes,

I'm so sorry your stay with us had many problems. I appreciate you sharing your experience so we may address these issues with our staff and work on improved training and cleanliness procedures. We want our guests to feel comfortable in our hotel, and I apologize that you did not.

Carey

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was nice, clean, staff was friendly. The shuttle was super helpful (takes you anywhere within 5 miles). Seemed far away from downtown and too far to walk anywhere. Police station next door. A few blocks away, not so nice neighborhoods. Pool was clean, hot tub was missing in action.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Hi dugala,

Thank you for your comments.

You are correct; our hotel is not the best for travelling by foot. We hope you were able to take advantage of the shuttle service. I'm pleased that the other aspects of your stay were enjoyable.

Best,