All reviews machine shed fire pit living history farms des moines loft suite beautiful hotel bocce ball pool side rocking chairs huge pool buffet breakfast restaurant next door nicest hotel hotel lobby starbucks coffee loved our stay mini fridge
Reviewed 9 January 2019

Outstanding...from accommodations, all the various NYE amenities, complimentary bar & breakfast, great/friendly service to Dan Tedesco and the NADAS was an absolute great event and time. So, nice when a hotel provides this type of NYE option in the area under one roof!! Will definitely look for it 2019!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review! We loved hosting you for our NYE Party ft. The Nadas and Dan Tedesco. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and look forward to seeing you at this year's event!

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Walking in, I could hardly believe I was in Des Moines. Arriving in my room, I could. The renovations do not extend to the private quarters and, disappointingly, the service doesn’t either. I suggest downloading GrubHub or getting okay with the restaurant next door (don’t fall for the salad bar).

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2018

Hi Cathryn, I'm sorry that you felt your stay at Hotel Renovo was only a 3-Star experience, as that is not up to our normal standards. I would love to learn more about your time with us, so if you would like, I invite you to email me at ocronin@hoari.com with some additional details and feedback. Thank you in advance!

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. I usually stay in downtown Des Moines because I never knew this hotel existed. One of the things I am picky about with hotels is the cleanliness. This hotel was immaculately clean and the front desk staff was very accommodating. For the price, this hotel tops all others in the area. Highly recommended and definitely will be returning the next time I am in town. Keep up the good work Hotel Renovo!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Wow, what a great review! We're honored to hear that you loved Hotel Renovo so much that you'll be returning the next time you're in town. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel based on a colleague recommendation. The lobby is very inviting. It feels a little bit like Chip and Joanna Gaines decorated it from Fixer Upper. They have a nice dining area where they serve a buffet breakfast (plus beverage) for $9,95. The food selection is a good combination of hot and cold options.

The hotel room is a good size. The colors are fresh and neutral. They have lots of plugs which is fantastic for electronic charging. The bathroom has a nice size vanity and a full shower (not tub/shower combo). The one thing that was odd is that none of the door would stay open. I wanted to keep the bathroom door open and it would close. Same thing with the closet door and shower door. Maybe a leveling issue. Not a big deal but a little frustrating.

If there is a large party or meeting going on, the lobby can get really loud. I had a room at the far end of the hall so no issues. However, I can imagine it could get rather loud if you had a room near the lobby.

Trip type: Travelled on business
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Hello, thank you dining with us and providing your wonderful feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your experience. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Staff all welcoming. First night was lovely. Second night a nightmare!
Room faced the lobby, with a window overlooking the swimming pool and next to the hotels event venue with the wedding reception’s band. The walls had all the sound insulation of a sheet of stationery. The only people who should ever be given that room should be those attending the noisy event.
The reception attendees behaved reasonably but the music (with a heavy bass component) lasted until 11pm. And the children were screaming happily in the pool about as long.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 817marianr
HotelRenovo, General Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Marian,

I want to first apologize to you for not experiencing what Hotel Renovo is all about. Our goal here is to provide our guests with a luxurious and comfortable stay no matter what type of event is happening at the property. It appears we did not provide that you. I will share this feedback with my team to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future. If you would like to reach out to me personally here at the hotel. I would love to continue this conversation and see if there is anything I can do to make sure we can have you stay here again with us here at Hotel Renovo. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. If you need anything else don't hesitate to email me Pkreutzman@hoari.com