All reviews machine shed fire pit living history farms des moines loft suite beautiful hotel bocce ball pool side rocking chairs huge pool buffet breakfast restaurant next door nicest hotel hotel lobby starbucks coffee loved our stay mini fridge
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Staff all welcoming. First night was lovely. Second night a nightmare!
Room faced the lobby, with a window overlooking the swimming pool and next to the hotels event venue with the wedding reception’s band. The walls had all the sound insulation of a sheet of stationery. The only people who should ever be given that room should be those attending the noisy event.
The reception attendees behaved reasonably but the music (with a heavy bass component) lasted until 11pm. And the children were screaming happily in the pool about as long.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 817marianr
HotelRenovo, General Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear Marian,

I want to first apologize to you for not experiencing what Hotel Renovo is all about. Our goal here is to provide our guests with a luxurious and comfortable stay no matter what type of event is happening at the property. It appears we did not provide that you. I will share this feedback with my team to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else in the future. If you would like to reach out to me personally here at the hotel. I would love to continue this conversation and see if there is anything I can do to make sure we can have you stay here again with us here at Hotel Renovo. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. If you need anything else don't hesitate to email me Pkreutzman@hoari.com

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We stayed here for two nights. Very contemporary, excellent service, helpful staff, nice pool and hot tub with a down home restaurant next door.
All you can eat breakfast for $10.00. Limited bar and food facilities.
It is all suites so a little spendy but I think you get what you pay for.

Room tip: If you don’t like stairs I won’t recommend the loft suite.
Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hello, thank you for all of your wonderful feedback and your 5-star review! We are so glad you had a clean and comfortable stay at Hotel Renovo and we hope you choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

This stay was the first night of a four day road trip. We like to stay in nice hotels when we travel, so picked this hotel based on website/4-star rating. We were a bit disappointed. It was okay, but room was smaller than the two other chain hotels we stayed at, and had fewer amenities. We did enjoy the outdoor bocce ball court, and the location was great (right off interstate)-we walked over to the Machine Shed and had a nice meal. Other than that, guess we expected more.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

I would like to apologize that you felt disappointed in your most recent stay at Hotel Renovo. I would love to receive some more information regarding your experience with us and hear what you believe we could improve upon. Please email me at ocronin@hoari.com to share any additional feedback that you feel would help us improve your 3-Star experience to 5-Star. Thank you in advance!

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Just a great weekend stay. Very very clean and comfortable. We were in town for our daughters Baby Shower along with several other family members and the hotel lobby with bar and seating area was a great place to all gather and relax as needed. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Everything was just perfect. Especially loved the outdoor Bocce Ball court.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Hello, thank you for all of your amazing feedback. We are so glad you enjoyed our lobby with bar, rooms, and bocce ball court. We hope you join us agin soon for another clean and comfortable stay!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We were quite pleased with this hotel. It was clean and very comfortable. My only negative is we were told numerous time adult swim was from 10-11. We were told we needed to be out but there were no adults there at 10. We did keep swimming a bit but I think it could be told to guests as it’s adult swim if adults are present otherwise you can continue to use the facility. I also think breakfast should be included in rate. Your rates are a bit higher than we could have booked at least a breakfast could have been included.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MKSparkman, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Renovo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hello, Robert! Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel Renovo and we're thrilled to see that you enjoyed your overall experience and appreciate you providing us with some feedback regarding your stay. We hope to see you again at Hotel Renovo very soon.