Open today: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Review Highlights
Food was yummy

This place is right off the High Trestle Trail and caters to bikes. I had a CoCo Stout beer which I... read more

Reviewed 2 July 2018
CarlF180
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Nice stop on the High Trestle Trail

Reviewed 11 April 2017
JMS_41
Grand Rapids, Michigan

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I have been to the Fat Tire Lounge many times. I park my car in the gravel parking lot at the Fat Tire Lounge in Madrid. Then I ride my bike on the trail across the High Trestle Bridge and continue to Whiskin Donkey in Woodward. I rest for some time and drink a cold drink. Then I ride my bike from Woodward back to Madrid. Then I go into the Fat Tire Lounge and have my second cold beer. If I have a designated sober driver with me, then I feel free to have more than just one beer. I often times get something to eat at the little yellow building operated by The Hotel Pattee. The yellow building is next to the wooden patio of the Fat Tire Lounge. The Fat Tire Lounge is right next to the bike trail. On a hot summer weekend afternoon or night, the whole parking lot will be filled with cars. The inside will be packed with customers and all around the outside will be standing groups of drinking customers. You cannot get waited on when the place is that busy.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank david_hance_iowa
Reviewed 11 April 2017

Four of us stopped here to replenish after a ride on the High Trestle Trail. Fortunately, they are right off the trail and carry a very nice selection of beers on tap. The staff was friendly and the beer was cold. Although the lounge itself doesn't serve food, there is a food truck located right next to the Flat Tire that has a small but very nice selection of food. I had the pork tenderloin sandwich that was as good as any I've had anywhere.

For those of you that don't know about an Iowa pork tenderloin sandwich, it is something you need to try. It really isn't the tenderloin, but a large section of the loin that has been pounded out to a disk the size of a hubcap that is breaded and fried. It is served on a bun that looks ridiculously small compared to the large and delicious fried loin. Cover that in pickles and mustard, and you have heaven on a bun!

At any rate, this deserves a stop if you are riding on the trail, or driving through Madrid.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Sound was very bad, just a metal shed & if music was playing you could not hear each other. Only food was pizza & they were out of most popular ones.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016

The Flat Tire lounge actually does sell new tubes and tires for your bike, besides good craft beers from one of the local breweries and food. The Lounge caters to the local crowds and those riding along the High Trestle Trail for the day or evening.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed 30 September 2015

This is a stop everyone should make if they are riding their bike on the High Trestle Trail. It is not far from the High Trestle Trail Bridge which is an awesome place to see. They offer a wide variety of drinks including some local beers. They have a shack there with food which was very good and they have generous portions.

Date of experience: August 2015