Review Highlights

Reviewed 27 June 2021
Cryptic_Tourist
Saint Louis, Missouri
via mobile

All reviews great hiking favorite spot scenic views creek bed camping hike landscape bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful landscape with plenty of ledges and some picturesque bridges, the road actually has a couple of places where you go thru a little water. Evidently this is a favorite spot for senior photos but sometimes the park is closed due to high water…

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

I can’t lie, I really wasn’t expecting there to be any good hiking in Iowa at all. Thankfully, my friend recommended I check this place out and it was excellent! There’s plenty of elevation gain to make your hike challenging. What the park lacks in scenic views, it makes up for in fun trails.

It wasn’t crowded at all which was nice considering it was summer time. I would definitely hike here again!

Date of experience: June 2021
2  Thank Cryptic_Tourist
Reviewed 15 May 2021

If you are in the area, it's definitely worth your time to stop. It is a beautiful area and we enjoy walking the trails. We like hiking to the crows nest and looking out over the park. We also like driving the road and going through the water on the road. We have been there during flooding and now during low water times. It just a great place. We have walked several different trails and can see how they are keeping them up. The one going to the crows nest is getting a little rugged but then how do you fix something that has been there for years and years.
We love this area and would recommend anyone to stop and stretch your legs with a good hike.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Gorgeous place in the snow!

Only a few campers, all widely spaced so you feel like you're the only one here.

Quiet. Peaceful. Serene.

The roads get plowed quickly. Canyon is closed to traffic and left unplowed. Makes a great walk from the campground.

No running water. No restrooms. Electricity is on. Can use dump station but no water for flushing tanks. 50 amp electric sites only $11.

Date of experience: December 2020
2  Thank LittlePaint
Reviewed 14 August 2020

I have to preface this by saying that this was a very brief visit, during the pandemic. We drove through on a road trip, during July 2020. I had initially reserved a spot for us to camp for two nights, but after seeing how crowded the park was, and how very close together the camp sites are, I canceled and we just ate lunch at a picnic table and drove through the park instead. It is a very lovely park and appears to be well maintained. The common areas, especially where you drive through and splash all the kids, look like they'd be very enjoyable during safer times. I hope to have a chance to visit it once again under better circumstances.

Date of experience: July 2020