Open today: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful

Very well kept and beautiful plants,trees and shrubs. I like how you can bring dogs to enjoy your... read more

Reviewed 14 August 2022
Youbetraveling12
via mobile
Stop to smell the roses and see the beauty of Iowa!

We were glad we stopped here! The main grounds have a nice path to walk and it's a beautiful area... read more

Reviewed 15 May 2021
Joann G
Milford, Iowa

All reviews trees woods sights beauty iowa
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 June 2019

The grounds were stunning which made excellent photos. Banquet room with kitchen features a wall of windows overlooking the grounds. Nice gift shop. Need to go back and enjoy more.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed 21 August 2018

This is a very beautiful and peaceful place to visit.We didn't come away with---" oh my god you've got to go there" in our head--------------but we did come with a wow--really well laid out by dedicated staff and volunteers---displaying things in groups--and very peaceful.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed 14 July 2017

I needed a quiet time to think and remember better times so I drove over to the Arboretum. Walking around the beautiful grounds and just sitting in the shade did wonders and I returned home feeling refreshed and ready to face the world again.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Some places that you go, help to clear your mind and make you feel good. This is one of those places. We had a nice level walk through through this beautiful garden. I felt like a great deal of care was taken in putting all of the trees in just the right place. My daughter lives nearby. My wife and I took my daughter, Our two year old grandson and 3 month old grand daughter. He loves birds and this place is loaded with birds. Admission is $5 per vehicle. Worth 5x that much.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I love to go out and hike among the trees. I have attended some learning events there. There is a nice building where events can be hosted inside. There is a Brenton Arboretum and the Iowa Arboretum which are close to each other in a rural area near Madrid. The two arboretums are not connected to each other. If you love plants, then you would enjoy going to the arboretum. There is an e-mail list from the arboretum that notifies members of events like inside lectures and walking tours. My favorite thing to do is go on a guided tour where a professional presents a learning program so that I get new information and can see examples of the real trees in person. It is very relaxing. The walking tour is slow and the path is generally flat with a few gentle slopes. The annual membership fee is very affordable. There is free parking in a big parking lot.

Date of experience: September 2016