Lowest prices for your stay
Expedia
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$99
View deal
Free cancellation until 14/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
Etrip
All reviews the cottages des moines rustic decor hot tub great stay pool area late check suite fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

Aesthetically pleasing, if you are a rustic decor enthusiast! Otherwise, many amenities are similar to other hotels in the category. Where this location suffers is due to lack of details. Pool does not look like it is cleaned regularly. Lots of bugs and debris floating around. No towels were available for guests on a slow weekday. Beer in the hotel bar was expired.

Room tip: If you plan on just staying in the room to enjoy the rustic decor then this hotel is for you. Amenities are lacking compared to other hotels in the 2-star category.
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2022

Paid $350. for a room to take our 4 year old grand daughter to use the amenities of the Stoney Creek hotel. The pool and hot tub were extremely busy!!!! We stayed for a bit and decided to get a late check out and let her swim all morning!!! They charge $20. for a late check out. Which is fine but they unfortunately could not do. Oh well we would get up early and still let her swim. Everything was closed down. I guess this happens often at this location. Asked if there was a pool nearby that we could take her to for a couple of hours, as most hotels have an ageement with a nearby hotel to help accomodate for these unfortunate issues. No they did not!!!!! I understand these things happen but no one was willing to offer any suggestions or any compensation for this. Staff is more interested in telling you what they can Not do verses what they can do. So disappointng. We have stayed here many times over the years and have always been happy. But if are looking for a place to take children I would recommend elsewhere.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 166clints
Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

It was the most amazing experience! I opened the door and fell in love with the western style room. I guess that's because I'm a country boy, but all the same it was fantastic! Thank you for making it so special for my wife and I.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2022 via mobile

Was amazing place to stay! Good breakfast! Nice hot tub and pool is cool you can go outside pool is heated.rooms and bed are very nice.staff is nice. Hotel overall is good and will for sure come back to this hotel

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2022

We stayed here a few nights over Christmas 2021. I called before reserving to understand what room would be best for a stay with two anxious dogs. The front desk employee who helped me was very kind and assured me that there was one suite in the Cottages building with its own exterior entrance and even walked over to that building to verify the room number and reserve it specifically for me.

It turns out that actually every suite on the lower level of the Cottages has a private exterior entrance in addition to the interior option and any one of them would have been preferable to Room 88, The Cowboy Suite, as our exterior entrance was right next to a main lower level entrance and one morning a confused guest tried to come in through our door!! Our dogs would hear and bark any time someone went by our interior door entering / exiting the main entrance. I have to think one of the suites on the other end of that level of the building would have had less foot traffic going by and am curious why the employee was not aware that there were other options to recommend to us.

The Cowboy Suite itself was very spacious and decorated thematically and tastefully, however, to pay that much money for a suite with a "working fireplace" and get what we got, is a shame. The "fireplace" in our room was not real. It was basically a fireplace-shaped lamp embedded in a stone wall. It did not emit heat and was not capable of generating real flames.

I utilized and appreciated the hotel's online pre-check-in, although when I arrived the only front desk employee was busy serving double duty as bartender for another guest and gave me no hotel info such as what time breakfast would be, where any key features were located, how to access wifi, what to expect RE housekeeping, etc. (I knew from reading other recent reviews that housekeeping was only occurring for turning over rooms and not during stays and was fine with it, but I would have not known otherwise and could have benefitted from instructions on how to get more coffee pods, toiletries, clean towels, etc. when we ran out).

Overall the hotel is well-kept and clean and I think I would try staying here again but definitely in a different room.

Date of stay: December 2021