2,501 results
All reviews indian restaurant sri lanka luxury room main restaurant our honeymoon lovely hotel five star hotel swimming pool buffet style special thanks dinner buffet nice pool restaurant staff stayed here for two nights welcome drink visit kandy nice view
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We arrived to check in and was ushered to take a seat, whilst we presumed they were checking us in. The very polite (all smiles) receptionist approached us to request confirmation of our booking. After 10 mins and still not being checked in, we approached the desk to be told the room isn't ready and to take a seat. A further 10 mins passed and we approached the desk again, and once again they requested we took a seat, this time we were slightly more assertive to ask if there was a problem. More smiles and the receptionist picked up the phone, with the male receptionist requesting we take a seat. Now we're getting more frustrated, and take a seat, as we turn back around everyone dissapeared from the desk.
I approach the desk and now demand answers to be informed no less than 30 minutes later that they had tried to take the payment for our reservation 3 days prior to our arrival (Slight assumption to take the full amount, anything could have happened and equally we specifically always chose hotels without pre-payment for that reason) that the card was declined and I had received an email.
I went through my emails and we confirmed there was no e-mail. The male receptionist then informed me that Booking.com would be in touch soon!
Soon, I'm here with a confirmed reservation and no contact that there had been a problem with the card (which has security to not allow payments without a PIN confirmation).
I was basically then told they had released the room and there were no rooms left.
They had moved us to there sister hotel 25 minutes away, I then proceeded to ask how I was going to get there, what the difference was in price and informed of my frustration and annoyance. The male receptionist simply said he "understood", there was no understanding because if you understood you would have apologised. After a further 5 minutes I asked again how were we to get to this other hotel and where was its location.
Eventually they informed us they would provide transport for free.
I requested again confirmation of the price, to be asked to wait outside!!!!
After 10 minutes (A common theme), I went inside to ask what the price difference was (all of this information should have been given at the point they cancelled my booking as it was pretty obvious these questions would be asked), 5 people stood behind the desk all simply stared at me......
I approached the desk and the receptionist picked up the phone as though to confirm, this isn't difficult.
After a few minutes we were approached by the male receptionist and his manager with the details.
The sister hotel staff were efficient and helpful. Any hotel who have wanted pre-payment have taken a small amount to confirm reservation, never the full amount. The full amount was available, however it required the PIN before funds being released. To try to say Booking.com would be in touch was a blatant swerve to actually say, we've given the room and charged a premium price because the cricket is on, for a 5 star hotel the service and treatment was shocking, if I could rate 0 I would.

4  Thank 594daviniag
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset, let me apologize for the inconvenience caused with regards to your booking at Earl’s Regency.

While we regret that we had to shift your room booking, given stern instructions from the Government, we assure you that your comfort and enjoyment during your stay was important to us. We have tried our utmost to accommodate your booking at the original property; however due to the national requirement we had no choice but to make the shift; nevertheless, have ensured that your reservation stays in Kandy.

We truly apologize for keeping you waiting until we attempted to resolve the matter and for not providing you with sufficient information when you had requested.

We deeply regret the inconvenience and disappointment faced by our valued guests and ask for your understanding given the directive.

We thank you for your loyal patronage and hope this would not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2018

It is with great disappointment that I write this review. I have been to the Earls Regency 5 star, twice before and was looking forward to a third, 5 day visit.
Regrettably on arrival we were told that the hotel was overbooked and we had to go to their sister hotel Earls Regent 4 star.

This was another 45 minute drive. We had chosen the Earls Regency because of its close proximity to the cricket stadium and based on our previous visits.

They had made no attempt to let us know in advance, so we wasted our valuable time and were left disappointed.

So be warned! No acknowledgement of loyalty for returning guests and cannot be relied upon!!

Don’t let that put you off Sri Lanka, fabulous place to visit.

10  Thank Linda S

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel is good, as the rooms are very clean and the swimming pool is lovely. The breakfast is normal, but overpriced. The beds and the pillows are not comfortable. The drivers' room it seems not to be very clean. We don't understand why the light adaptors are not the sri lankan ones and at the desk they don't have the sri lankan.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. We regret to read that you found the pillows to be uncomfortable during your stay and have informed the Housekeeping department to look in to this and replace them with soft pillows and comfortable mattresses.

We are pleased to inform that the Housekeeping supervisors have already looked in to the drivers’ accommodation area and are in the process of taking necessary actions to rectify the mentioned concern.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the light adaptors and they will all be changed in our next room renovation phase. In addition, we have requested the Housekeeping department to keep extra adaptors.

We are truly thankful that you have shared your constructive feedback with us and look forward to welcoming you and your loved ones for another stay at Earl’s Regency.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after the wedding. We enjoyed delicious foods, comfortability of the room, customer friendly staff as well as the greenish and calm environment. So we highly recommend this hotel as the best in kandy, Sri Lanka.d

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Leila A, Manager at Earl's Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your sincere thoughts with us and we are glad that you have endorsed our hotel. We are delighted to read that you had enjoyed the wedding followed by a comfortable stay as well as the culinary experience.

It is truly encouraging for me and my team to read such positive endorsements and thank you for your recommendation.

We would be delighted to have you back with us for another memorable experience.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Wonderful setting,spectacular views over Kandy and luxury in every area. Rooms, entrance, restaurant were all fabulous. One employee in particular did her best to make us feel very welcome. Thank you Roshana for your smiles.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank Maggie F

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your sincere thoughts with us and we are glad that you have endorsed our hotel. We are truly encouraged by your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience.