Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$105
View deal
Expedia
Agoda.com
FindHotel
All reviews full kitchen clabber girl in town isu campus walking distance downtown hotel place to stay wonderful hotel highly recommend this hotel housekeeping staff fitness center bed was very comfortable rose hulman aj tribune pantry microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2021 via mobile

Absolutely loved staying here! stayed on a Thursday to Sunday. Prices were excellent. We have always taken our Lysol Spray disinfectant and Clorox wipes and cleaner with us whenever we have to stay in a hotel. We wipe down everything, I mean, everything your fingers or hands can touch. Not one spec of dirt was on any of the cloths used. I even wash all the flooring...not one trace of dirt or discoloration came back on my cloths. My compliments to the housekeeping staff!! Especially during these "Covid" times.
Front desk staff on every shift dressed nicely and were very polite and helpful. This hotel used to be the Tribune Star ...great character. It was booked fully on Friday and Saturday, but you would have never known it. So very quiet. Location is great. Easy walks to Clabber Girl, some ISU building and Shine , Masonic halls. The Childrens Museum is right next door.
Also...Square Donuts is a 2 block walk. Gotta go there every time you visit Terre Haute! Soooo good. Very highly recommended...

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2021

You cannot beat the location of this hotel. We were in town to visit Rose-Hulman. Research made us believe it was the best hotel in Terre Haute and after staying, we believe that is the case.

Our room was very clean and spacious. The kitchen was very nice. The hotel has a food room where you can buy microwave items, snacks, drinks, and ice cream and it is open 24/7, which is huge when you get in late! They gave us great parking and did not charge for it. They only clean the rooms once a week (or between guests), but that was not an issue for us. They did have a note that if you needed service in between to call.

It was around a 10 minute drive from Rose-Hulman (which is at the edge of town). Coffee shops were within a block, as were restaurants.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank Locococomama
Reviewed 18 October 2020

I stayed 8 nights for a work assignment. My main expectations for a hotel is clean inside the room and building, and quiet and dark at night. Definitely met all three (no pesky hall light shining through the bottom of door. ) Regarding quiet, since the room has a full refrigerator, I turned on the ice-maker and the first time it dropped ice at night, I woke briefly, lol! I don't fault the hotel at all but just an FYI-I turned it off at night. I don't expect issues with water pressure and availability of hot water and there were not issue. When I needed front desk assistance, I received it. I didn't use any facilities so I can't comment on them.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 31 August 2020

Overall, I like this place. Nice rooms, but very low water pressure on the showers. Dryers in the laundry room could use a major upgrade. Housekeeping staff is very nice, friendly, and polite. The head housekeeping lady is especially helpful. Front desk staff has a casual attitude. I lost a pair of pants while doing laundry during the current trip and the situation was taken very lightly by the front desk staff (it is not about the pants, but loss prevention must be taken seriously and it was not, which was a major let-down). Snack shop could use more health-friendly breakfast options.

Room tip: Floors 5 and 6 offer great views of Terre Haute
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DrStrange1983
Reviewed 29 July 2020 via mobile

Our son and family live in Wisconsin and we live in Florida so we travel back and forth a few times a year. We’ve stayed at the Candlewood many times. The setting is great because it’s in an old bank building. It’s downtown and has a lot of restaurants within walking distance. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I inquired about a room via email and was answered by the General Manager, AJ Richey. He gave us a great rate and made sure our stay was pleasant. We will be back!

Date of stay: July 2020