Quality Inn & Suites
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Was this the best hotel I have ever been in? No... Was this the worst hotel I have ever been in? No. Would I stay again? YES. Had a queen suite with a few issues but nothing that ruined my stay or needed reporting. Clean furnishings, comfy bed, working plumbing, enough towels for the 2 of us, and a decent variety of breakfast choices (egg, sausage gravy, waffle, yogurt, breads, bagels, muffins, danish, cold cereals, and fresh fruit.) Yes, it is an older building with no elevator but I had called ahead and asked for first floor and to be near a family member's room. And the front desk had it perfect when we checked in. My room was missing a TV remote and a microwave, but didnt need it, and family member's room had one if I did. Graduation weekend had higher prices, but for a regular stay, you cant beat the price to lay your head and be ready for the next day. Location is convenient to BSU. Staff was friendly and helpful. When I said I had been worried based on prior reviews, she mentioned that the facility was under new mgt.

Room Tip: No Elevators. Request first floor if disabled. Make reservations early for better rate during special events at BSU.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Herb R
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Finishing the remodel when we stayed. We had no issues with the room, the closet had no hanger rod, advised the manager & within 30 minutes the problem was corrected.

Breakfast selections weren't as diverse as we expect.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 23 October 2017

In Muncie for the Ball State Homecoming football game. By the time we decided to make hotel reservations, most hotels were booked or the rooms available were $200.00 or more. This hotel had rooms available and for a reasonable. price. Upon check in, the front desk clerk was courteous and helpful and gave suggestions on where we could eat and to watch the Notre Dame game vs. USC. The hotel was clean and our room was clean. We stayed in a 1 room suite, including a kitchenette, perfect for our stay. The continental breakfast was quick and decent.

Con: The bed was super uncomfortable, the pillows looked fluffy but didn't have enough fluff. The bed consistently moved off the base which was funny at first as one end would pop up when either my husband or I got out of bed. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kakratz
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The hotel has recently become a Quality Inn and has been renovated. I believe the renovations have been completed. We stayed in an Accessible Room, The room was a good size and the beds were very comfortable, My recommendation would be to lower the bed in this accessible room because the beds are high and someone transferring from wheelchair to bed would have difficulty. The breakfast was simple but adequate. There are two levels and no elevator. The comfort of this hotel will not disappoint you.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Darlene T
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We were booked at this hotel in error by Choice Hotels. We were traveling and called for a reservation in Anderson, Indiana. We were assured that is what we were assigned - near Interstate 69. As soon as we hung up, we received the email confirmation for MUNCIE, Indiana - miles out of our way! I immediately called back, but Choice said they could not cancel our stay without us losing the night's cost as it for that same day - even though it was their mistake. We called the hotel and they said the manager wouldn't be in until the next day, so we had no guarantee the charges would be reversed. So in spite of the inconvenience, we decided to stay there. When we arrived, there were guys playing ball in the parking lot, but no signs of other guests. The lobby was hot - no AC - and the front doors were open to mosquitoes, etc. We were checked in and headed to our room. There had been no mention of construction work on the phone or at the desk, but there was debris on the stairs, paint cans sitting on plastic sheets on the landing, furniture and construction material in the hallway. Our room had AC and a bed, but no frig, microwave, nothing else. We went downstairs to say we couldn't stay. There was NO one around, we walked the hallways yelling for help and taking pictures of electrical cords strung everywhere, furniture stacked in rooms, the kitchen in disarray. we finally found someone but she said they couldn't refund our money! She finally called the manager and told us as she worked on the computer that they had reversed the charges. We left and had to find another hotel for the night. Two days later, their charge showed up on our credit card. We have emailed Choice, tried calling their customer service and corporate offices and have not received any response. Don't get tricked into staying at this location when asking for Anderson, Indiana. And don't even think about staying here until they can confirm the work is done and it's safe for people to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid until they send proof things are fixed!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple