All reviews flight path indoor pool nice hotel early flight light sleeper the room was nice rental car shuttle service beds were comfortable front desk staff minute drive nice stay enjoyed my stay earplugs lobby downtown banquet
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I missed my flight, and the airline put me up for the night in this hotel. The check in process was efficient, and the front desk even gave me an extra discount, on top of the already deeply discounted price.

As a business traveler, sometimes there are amenities missing from your room, or something important left to be desired.

The layout of the hotel allowed for a restful night sleep before I had to be up for my next flight.

For such a huge hotel, I was impressed at how well kept and up-to-date everything was.

Since the hotel is about a 15-minute shuttle ride from the airport, there was no noise issue.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Mike C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to have been a home away from home with you to allow you to rest to catch your flight the following morning. We are thankful for your 5 star review.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I go on frequent weekend road trips for different kid activities and this weekend was a whirlwind. We had a terrible experience the night before.
When we arrived, the facility was clean on the outside, but a bus had blocked the main entry and was offloading. No biggie. I found a space in the parking lot, we grabbed our bags and made our way to the front desk.
If there was one negative, it was trying to find the front desk. Definitely not enough of a concern to warrant a lower score, but not a good design in my opinion.
Front desk personnel were very cheerful and nice, chatty, and just had a great way about them. Made it up to our room and it was above our expectations. Very clean, nice bedding, more than enough towels... just what you'd expect from a Crowne Plaza.
When we were leaving the hotel early this morning, they agreed that this was a great experience.
My opinion? Stay here. You can't beat the place for the money! Excellent value!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport hotel during Gencon in August 2017 for three nights, Thur-Sun. The hotel had all the items we needed, comfy bed, clean bathroom, tv, wifi, desk, etc. We didn't have any issues with service/check-in/check-out. The hotel is so close to the airport that at times you can hear the planes as they land. The hotel even provided earplugs so the planes don't bug you at night. The hotel is also about 10 minutes from downtown, and you can take a lyft/uber for about 15 bucks. Also, although, the pool is indoors, it is very small. It was not a big deal for us because we didn't need it for our stay, but it was something to note.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I was bumped from my flight back home, and I was given a room here to stay for the night. Seemed very nice and could be a relaxing place to get away. Indoor pool, had a small arcade for kids next to it. Nice restaurant inside with pretty good food.
Room was very well taken care of, clean, and nice.
The room came with an "evening care kit" of aromatherapy lotions and mild fragrance sprays for your room or bed. The bath soaps were of similar lightly fragranced with a very relaxing scent. I only spent a few hours there till my new flight out, but Would certainly consider staying there again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Mike C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Indianapolis Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the 4 star review.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel for a recent convention in Indy. My stay at the hotel was plagued with numerous problems. First of all, for some odd reason, a swimming pool is located centrally in the atrium/lobby - yes, smack in the middle. This has the effect of making your first impression upon entering the hotel that you've stumbled into a YMCA, complete with that wonderful chlorine pool smell. Secondarily, this makes the entire atrium and adjoining rooms damp and humid, because there is clearly no proper ventilation. Next, on your way to your room (mine was on the first floor), you weave through banquet tables. An event was in progress, so here I am dragging my baggage right next to people elegantly dressed eating dinner around the lobby. The placement of these tables is so random, it makes no sense. Next, I arrived at my room and was immediately assaulted by a musty, distinctly moldy odor - very damp. I ended up having to run to Target to purchase a Glade air freshener, so I didn't have to smell the damp air all the time. The bathroom was pretty gross - there's black mold in all of the caulking, and at the places where the grout on the tile wall meets the tub. The shower head was covered in a haze of mineral deposits. The toilet barely flushed - I literally had to hold down the lever for the toilet to fully empty its contents. The beds were semi-decent in comfort, although there was a dried blood stain on one of my pillows. All of the furniture was beat-up and screaming for replacement. On night two of my stay, the carpet outside of the bathroom became mysteriously damp for a full day. I reported it in the morning, and the repair guy couldn't figure out what it was. The housekeeping staff laid some towels on the carpet to try and alleviate the wet floor. Luckily, this dried after night three and wasn't a problem again. Note that in the first floor, with a room facing the atrium, I never heard a single plane fly over (which is a common complaint). However, if you plan to rest here during the day, the echos of screaming children using the pool right outside your "window" (again, my room faced the atrium) will make it hard to relax. The saving grace of this facility is that the staff was extremely nice - they were very sympathetic (and I feel like they were embarrassed at the situation - its the only reason I gave the place 2 stars) and tried to help me as much as possible (I think comping me a night would have been nice, but it was never offered). The rates at this hotel were definitely jacked up for the convention. For such a run-down location, it should have been way cheaper. I've stayed at hotels that were much, much nicer for significantly less money a night - I was totally gouged for my cash. I feel like the company that owns this Crowne Plaza is running it into the ground waiting for some arbitrary refurbishing (or demolition) date on some executive's calendar somewhere. This company really should be ashamed of charging this much, and clearly neglecting the facility. I don't like saying this in reviews, but in this case, I feel like I have to: absolutely do not stay here unless you have no other choice.

Room tip: Pick a room facing into the atrium on a lower level to avoid aircraft noise from waking you up.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AlanNNFM

I understand your frustration with your experience at our hotel. Your experience is not acceptable based on your comments and your concerns are truly important to us. Our ownership does care about the property and guest feedback is vital in addressing issues in our hotel and guest concerns. I am truly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations of your experience. Please contact me direct if you would be willing to give me a chance to resolve this situation to your satisfaction. My email is mclark@genhotels.com.