All reviews front desk fire pit home away from home the general manager outstanding hotel great place to stay would definitely stay here again evening reception would highly recommend this hotel excellent stay the breakfast area indoor pool room was spacious couch dryer downtown race
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I was in Indy for 10 days on business, and during that time stayed in three different hotels (including the 4-star Alexander Hotel downtown) ... of all those, this place was my favorite :)

ROOMS: very clean, spacious, and with an incredible homey feel. Some days I didn't want to leave! My apartment contained most things I needed, and the only real issue was the out-of-date popcorn they provided upon arrival.

COMMON AREAS: Loved the outdoor patio, where my co-workers and I often congregated for non-business as well as business chatter. I also used the gym, which was small but clean, and had everything I needed.

FOOD: Breakfast was average fare, with polystyrene plates and plastic knives and forks. Some guests didn't seem impressed, but I did appreciate the fresh fruit every morning.

STAFF: Most staff were fabulous -- welcoming, friendly and helpful. The lady who manned the desk in the evening, however, seemed incredibly disinterested in the guests, made me feel like I was interrupting her web-surfing on the two occasions I asked her for help with something, was hard to find on most occasions, and never ended up doing the two things she promised me she would, when I asked. Thankfully, the early morning front desk staff were fabulous and picked up and apologized where the evening woman had failed.

LOCATION: Great for business purposes, as we were meeting at the Indiana Wesleyan University directly opposite, and only a 25-minute stroll along well-made sidewalks to Eagle Creek State Park (a beautiful walk in the early morning light).

I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
KBGeorge, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear ModernWanderers,

Thank you so much for your raving review! We are honored to be your favorite hotel during your 10 day trip to Indianapolis. I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to all of our staff so we can continue to grow and improve our future guests' experiences as well. Thank you again and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We reserved 2 rooms for a stay during the annual gaming convention. The rooms were immaculate, the bed and pillows very comfortable, and the shower hot and powerful! The breakfast buffet was very good, offering a wide variety of items, including healthy options, such as egg whites, Greek yogurts, etc. The staff was very friendly and competent. Karen was at the front desk when we checked out..it was obvious that she took much pride in the staff and the hotel. As I mentioned to Karen, this hotel was much better than some of the full service Marriotts we had stayed during our cross country road trip. Highly recommend this great hotel!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
KBGeorge, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear fourkidsNyc,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest and for your sharing your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope you had a great experience at GenCon as well! I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our team and Karen for a job well done on making a memorable experience. Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We were here for a baseball tournament at Grand Park. The hotel was great for baseball families, aside from a too-small breakfast room. The food service area was poorly laid out and quite congested. The indoor pool was nice, but small. The rooms were adequate. However, we're Marriott Platinum and not given an upgrade. Others in our group had much nicer rooms with separate bedrooms. If you're travelling on a weekend, you may want to ask how many sports teams will be staying at this facility, as the teams tend to overtake the shared areas.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyFamily43082
KBGeorge, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear HappyFamily43082,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. I apologize that our breakfast area was congested during your stay. I am happy to inform you that we have just installed a new breakfast bar on Monday that allows a lot of extra space in hopes to avoid congestion in the future. Our Marriott Elite guests are a top priority of ours and I apologize that we did not have an upgrade available for you for your stay. Should your travels bring you back to Indianapolis in the future, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will personally ensure a memorable experience.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I wanted quiet and security and that is what i found here. I did not get to use the pool area but the work out room was fine and the laundry room worked well. The lobby area was nice and they have socials. Everything appears clean. The carpet in the room I was in could use updated but I liked the layout.
I will stay here again and will recommend to friends.
Kari and Karen at the Front Desk are great.
Mr. McCullough

Room Tip: I was in room 300 and the only noise was from the stairway door opening and shutting which did not happen a lot.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
KBGeorge, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Cmccullough2018,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest and for sharing your experience. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! A comfortable, clean, and secure home-away-from-home is what we strive to maintain for all of our guests. Your positive feedback will gladly be shared with Kari, Karen and the rest of the team for a job well done.

Thank you again for choosing Marriott and we look forward to serving you again the future.

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at this Residence Inn. We are avid travelers and are loyal to the Marriott brand, but this hotel stands out as one of the better experiences. What we liked most was the customer service. Though the facility is not brand new, it is well maintained. Cleaning and maintenance staff work hard and work cheerfully. Pete at the front desk was exceptionally helpful at check-in. We arrived in time to enjoy the complimentary happy hour after a long day of traveling. Breakfast was great with plenty of options. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family