I loved the unique setting and historic building! The area is beautiful and lots of areas to walk or run, and this is a well maintained classic building from it's days as a military base. A building like this demands a lot of upkeep, and they do a good job with that. Our room was large, with a separate sun-porch area, enclosed, and a desk, chairs and TV there. Large bathroom, with multi-headed shower. Hotel was very quiet, and the staff was always nice. We had an issue with the TV remote in the main room not working well, and it was taken care of for us. We were there for 5 nights, and enjoyed it. Location was good for us, attending an event at the Fairgrounds. Pretty easy to get to the airport (about 30 minutes). Price was good, and liked being in a place different than a chain hotel. Great spot if you want to be away from the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal accommodation to experience the natural beauty and harmonious blend of landscape and history. This resort and lodging complex features the Garrison Conference Center, as well as the championship Fort Golf Course. Available lodging experiences include guest rooms and suites, and fully furnished former Officer's homes. Located within 20 minutes of downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort And Conference Center
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Hotel Indianapolis