Sybaris Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
  • Breakfast included
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspete dyelarge bathroomjacuzzi tubpanera breadchain hotelstypical hoteltv remoteshort drivethe staff was friendly and helpfulcomfortable bedsstay there againroom keyfireplacearmoireaccommodationsdeskcarpet
Reviewed 28 February 2017

We had a wonderful stay! The room was large with a king size bed, desk, and sitting area and the appliances were all new. The breakfast was your typical hotel continental but it was hot, fresh, and kept well stocked! Would recommend to anyone visiting Indy.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelsey L
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I was informed of a death in the family at Indianapolis. With limited fund and no time to plan I googled for rooms to stay. I saw where they was rooms available at the state park. Lucky 1. So I ask for the rate for two days. After they came back with $103.00. Lucky 2. After a 3 hour drive and knowing it was only $103.00 I didn't expect much. Well what a surprise I was in for. Large room with 2 queen beds and enough space for another bed to boot (if needed) Lucky 3. After a good sleep got up and to a surprise to me breakfast was biscuits and gravy, bacon, waffles, toast, orange juice and cereal. The second day was the same but was eggs and sausage and everything about.
The staff made my stay very pleasant. Oh ya the rooms was pay for one night get second free special. Thanks to the staff

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank EBFirefighter
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Pete Dye designed the course here. My son and I really enjoyed our time together on the course. It's well laid out on beautiful rolling terrain with many trees and wildlife. You need to book well in advance to get the tee time you want.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DMJA21
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We arrived to a beautifully restored historic building. The hotel was immaculately clean in all areas. Our room had 2 queen size beds. The room was larger than most and had chairs to sit in and relax. The staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is one block away from the beautiful state park. The hotels restaurant the Garrison is located in the Country Club building near by. A continental breakfast is included and served in the hotel. Food options were good.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank Veronica0418
Reviewed 20 November 2016

First of all, the location is absolutely gorgeous and we found our room to be very comfortable with three walls of windows which brought in a great deal of light. I would stay here again for the location alone. Where things went off-track, however, were with breakfast and front desk service in general. I had read past reviews remarking that breakfast was pretty average, however, I would say it was below average here. Here's our experience:

My husband went down at 7 am and there was no breakfast available--he asked and was told it would be out in a little bit. I came down around 9 am and while breakfast was available, it was pretty disappointing. There were some great sausages, but that was about all I could eat. The eggs looked to have a consistency of memory foam. I decided to make myself a waffle but couldn't figure out how to work the machine. When I asked at the front desk I was told that it wasn't working. I decided to forgo the eggs and waffles and get some toast with peanut butter. However, there was no peanut butter for the few pieces of bread on display, and butter was brought out only after I made the request. Coffee was also gone by this point. All in all, breakfast for me consisted of a sausage, a stale piece of toast with jam and juice. Had I been able to make myself a waffle and coffee I would have declared this to be typical cheap hotel breakfast food, however, given as it was it seemed to be below par.

It was a bit awkward continually asking at the front desk for breakfast items (waffles, butter, coffee), the workers seemed to be very engaged in their own conversations for the 30 minutes I was downstairs and I felt like I was inconveniencing them with my requests.

Normally, I could blow off a breakfast like this, but when I'm paying $200 for a room my expectations rise to a certain extent. Again, the location was beautiful and I could see myself coming here again, but it would not be with the intention of a leisurely morning here...come, sleep, wake up, and then head out to Starbucks.

(Also, the hairdryer didn't work and the three knobs on the shower were a bit tricky to figure out how to use...the bath, however, was fantastic).

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple