We were delighted to find this charming hotel, where we stayed for 2 nights on a recent holiday weekend. Very large room which was comfortable, quiet and clean. It was also quite reasonably priced. Our king sized room even had an additional small room with a desk, 2 chairs, and another TV. The bathroom was enormous with many shower spigots in the huge walk in shower.
The breakfast, which was appreciated, was quite basic and could use a few upgrades such as fresh fruit and some real milk or cream. But hey, it saved us from going out to eat on a busy morning. Panera is just a short drive. You are not really near anything, which is probably why it is so peaceful.
We attended a luncheon reception here which was top notch, with great food and a very helpful staff. I am not aware that California has facilities like this in state parks.
Your hotel key will get you into the park, which is filled with walking paths, playgrounds, picnic tables, etc. Lots of history too, if you have time to explore.
I would come back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal accommodation to experience the natural beauty and harmonious blend of landscape and history. This resort and lodging complex features the Garrison Conference Center, as well as the championship Fort Golf Course. Available lodging experiences include guest rooms and suites, and fully furnished former Officer's homes. Located within 20 minutes of downtown Indianapolis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort And Conference Center
- Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Hotel Indianapolis