Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Sybaris Indianapolis(Indianapolis)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspete dyelarge bathroomjacuzzi tubpanera breadchain hotelshistoric buildingtypical hotelshort drivewafflesthe staff was friendly and helpfulstay there againcomfortable bedsroom keyfireplacearmoireaccommodationsdesk
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Free access to the park when you stay and the golf course looked nice though I wasn't able to play this time around. The rental clubs were TaylorMade M2's in good condition.

The room was spacious (206) but lacked a bit. The carpet had several stains and the furniture was a bit dirty along with the full length mirror. Breakfast is included, but nothing spectacular. Also, the window blinds were a bit lacking so much of the morning light came in early.

I would likely not stay there again as we did most of the park on our stay.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ScubaGolfer142
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Upon entering, you immediately know that you're in for something different. The building reminded me of a horror film mansion and I joked with the front desk people that it felt like one of those haunted houses. Anyway, it was interesting (in a good way), especially if you're sick of the standard hotel fare. There is always something to look at.

My room was cozy and clean, and the bathroom was huge. It had a giant stand up shower as well (I think I booked an accessible room by mistake because of the equipment in the shower).

I didn't have time to stay and eat breakfast, but it looked decent and the coffee was delicious.

No ghosts were encountered, ha.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I stayed here on my way home and was flabbergasted over how nice the Inn was. All rooms are updated. The walkin shower was amazing. I have not seen a shower like it with 4 different shower heads. All new and modern fixtures in a quaint Inn with beautiful antique furniture in the rooms. Breakfast was very nice. Very classy. Was not expecting an old historic building to be so updated and nice. You can't go wrong unless you find wrong in anything. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2016

The staff that handled the horses were rude beyond belief. I signed in and paid to take my granddaughter riding, she turned 8 and was finally able to go. The gentleman told me to go over to the other side. They were putting a helmet on my granddaughter and I was waiting for her. He yelled from the lot and said OVER HERE. I told him I was waiting for Kaomi and would be just a second. I wanted to show her a horse that looked like her dad's when he was little. The man was exceptionally irritated with me. So I tried to say sorry and explain. His attitude turned nasty. Because my granddaughter wanted to go, I told him he was right and said sorry again. He started berating me again and involved another lady who was nice and said we should just follow the rules I said okay and he started again, so I told Kaomi to get down and asked for a refund. We can ride elsewhere and if you can tolerate the rude staff, it is a great trail.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank kendra3643
Reviewed 17 June 2016

With golfing at the resort during the day we decided to stay at the inn with it being so close. We had stayed at the inn several years ago and enjoyed it then, as well. It is very clean with the bed very comfortable. The room could use more lights for reading and the internet was not working the best for my husband's iPad, but otherwise the hotel was very nice. The staff were all very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Penny B, Front Office Manager at Fort Harrison State Park Inn, Golf Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2016

Thank you for your review and suggestions. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay!