“a few small issues but generally good”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown
Ranked #33 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 December 2017

I have two issues - one, general parking was $32 per night. That is almost outrageous for Indy. Chicago perhaps, but there is lots of room and open spaces. Secondly, they said they'd email me my receipt. It's been four days - no receipt. Otherwise, really nice and pretty good breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Monica B, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologize you have not received your receipt and were unhappy about the cost of parking. We would be happy to provide your receipt. Please call the hotel at any time to provide your email and we will send that right away. Thank you again for the positive feedback on the breakfast and we hope to see you again if your travel brings you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

it was a nice hotel, very near downtown area. walking distance to high end restaurants.
Parking in garage is a little expensive (about $45 Valet)
I asked for a receipt at check out, they told me they would e-mail but have not received 2 days later.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Monica B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, jlocher02. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel. I am disappointed to know we did not print out a receipt for you, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I have personally emailed you the receipt. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Indianapolis!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I had booked a king room and when we opened the door found 2 double beds. Went back to the desk, girl said they didn't have any kings available and she shows we booked double. I showed her my reservation, she said nothing she could do, no kings available. Back 8in our room I called Expedia and within a few minutes were directed back down to the front desk. The girl laid my new room keys on the desk and curtly said, "here ya go. Very rude. In the morning at check out I asked for a copy of my bill bc I had given my card for parking. She just said they will email it, turned around and walked back into the office.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Monica B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand your frustration, and would like to sincerely apologize for this lack of customer service. Our mission is to be the friendliest hotel, so this is very disappointing. Please know we will use this as a coaching opportunity with our team to ensure something like this does not happen again with another guest. If you would like to discuss this further, please reach out to a manager at the hotel.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I am a Marriott loyal traveler. I stayed at many properties, but this has to be the best Fairfield I've been to. It's downtown location is perfectly situated with several activities around. You walk in and it feels much more luxurious than just a Fairfield. They have an excellent weight room, free breakfast, USA Today (which many are unfortunately getting rid of), and clean, comfortable rooms. There is also a TGI Fridays attached. I read reviews here of horrible parking, but this is as good as it gets in downtown Indy. I don't know exactly what is that bad about a parking garage. It's well lit and clean with signs clearly marking where you should go. Highly recommended!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Monica B, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

We appreciate the 4 star review, Louis H! Very happy to know you think this is the best Fairfield you have ever been too! We take pride in everything we do, so it is great to receive positive feedback. We are looking forward to your next visit to the best Fairfield!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Very clean and the staff were always nice and helpful.
I had no problems with this hotel. We would definitely come back.
We were there to go see the Indianapolis Colts play which is within walking distance.
Breakfast was good too. They even had water with limes available by the elevator.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Dennis S, thank you for the 5 star review! Pleased to know you found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was always nice and helpful - this is our mission! We always strive to provide a stress free stay, so it is good to know you did not experience any issues. We look forward to your next visit with us!