All reviews sleep number front desk drink tickets burger theory room was clean in town outdoor pool breakfast buffet stayed for two nights housekeeping staff indiana university a wonderful stay up to date very nice hotel first floor jeremy lobby
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The front desk staff was courteous and professional.
Room was clean but nothing impressive - somewhat dated. They have sleep number beds which most people enjoy however, in my opinion, an air mattress is an air mattress no matter how you package it. I'm not a fan of sleep number beds so I was unable to get a restful sleep.
I ate at the on-site restaurant and received terrible service. I was initially greeted by the server and provided a beverage. I asked for a few minutes to look over the menu. Fifteen plus minutes later and no sign of the server. I finally had to leave my seat and flag down a hotel employee to get service. BTW - I was the only customer in the restaurant at the time. An individual, I assume the manager, later came by to apologize and offer a free dessert. I declined the dessert offer and would have expected him to then offer to discount my bill, but that didn't happen.
This location advertises conservation through re-using towels which I support and followed the directions by hanging my towels instead of placing them on the floor. I guess the housekeeping staff doesn't follow the conservation program because they took my towels despite them being hung.
As stated in the title of my review, this was an average stay at best.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
marilyn e, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and honest feedback. It is obvious that we fell short during your stay, and did not provide the type of service and attention to detail that we should provide to all of our guests. We are working hard through ongoing training to make the improvements needed, we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Not impressed! Stayed for two nights. Toilet kept adjusting to water pressure every 20 seconds throughout the night!
Housekeeping never attended to our room after the first night. (Luckily we always reuse our towels.)
Room smelled very musty and all carpets need a good cleaning.

Trip type: Travelled on business

We sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced during your recent stay with us, as there is no excuse. We are working hard through ongoing training to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. We hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

For ~170 a night, I wouldn't expect hairy soap and a used glass to be left in the bathroom. Also, a 9 am cutoff for a buffet breakfast on Saturday and 930 on Sunday isn't the most traveler friendly cutoff. Small but nice otherwise.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
marilyn e, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

We appreciate your comments and honest feedback and do sincerely apologize for the issues that you experienced. Please be assured that the housekeeper has seen your comments, and through ongoing training we are working hard to ensure this experience is not repeated. We hope that you will stay with us again when your travels bring you to the area.

Revenue Manager/Owner

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The check in process was the single worst check in experience I've ever had at a hotel. Ignored by the staff, made to wait despite no other guests in line, no apologies, rude off-handed communication. This would have been bad enough but the first room I was assigned a key to already had a guest in it when I went into the room.

I didn't receive much of an apology on returning to the front desk and I have to say the attitude of the woman on duty (Na'Dria) was appalling as she spoke over me when telling a colleague incorrectly about how many nights I was staying.

It's a shame the front desk experience was so bad as the room was in good condition and the hotel rate reasonable. I definitely won't return next time I'm in town on business.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
marilyn e, Owner at Holiday Inn Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2017

I sincerely apologize for the recent experience you had, in particular the service provided or lack of it upon your arrival. We do have new staff in place and we are working hard to ensure all staff are trained to provide the best service possible to all of our guests. We humbly ask that you consider giving us another opportunity to not only meet, but exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here two nights and three days. The second day I called down to ask about the breakfast and the lady at the front desk was very rude. The bed was comfortable and the room was okay. However, the second night I heard screaming outside so I got up to look and there was two men, a woman, and 4 kids outside with weapons. Shortly after the people had walked away, police were in the parking lot. Needless to say, I didn't sleep at all. I'm not sure if this is a reoccurring issue but I felt that others should be warranted before they book a room here.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

We appreciate your comments and honest feedback, however, would at the same time like to express that this was a one time occurrrance, certainly not something that happens routinely. We are very sorry this took place during your stay and made you feel uncomfortable, and hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.