All reviews an extended stay hotel mini kitchen definitely stay here again indoor pool properties dishwasher amenities
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I've always enjoyed staying at IHG brand properties but I must say my stay at this particular property in Bloomington, IN was exceptional. I knew this was going to be a positively unique experience when I approached the front desk and was welcomed and attended to in a manner of which I rarely enjoy. My compliments certainly go out to Mr. Daniel W. who was working on this particular day. His genuine and sincere manner of providing service of an outstanding quality deserves to be rewarded. Although most hotels will make its guests feel welcomed, Daniel made us feel that they were grateful and honored to have us as guests. Very rare to find such appreciation of a guest. What was more interesting is that this attitude of service resonated throughout the property and staff during our entire stay. To put icing on the cake, the rooms, lobby and all amenities were very clean and comfortable. There are indeed many choices for lodging in Bloomington, but I would highly recommend giving Candelwood Suites a try as I'm certain you will not be disappointed.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Bryce M, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hello Don.

It's not often that we get such well thought out and thorough reviews so we really appreciate the time you took to let us, and the TripAdvisor community, know about your stay. It's guests like you that remind us why the hospitality industry is so special. I have passed your review onto Daniel and the rest of the front desk staff and we all sincerely hope that you will return to Bloomington and give us the opportunity to serve you again.

Bryce M.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 1 December 2017

First time staying in a Candlewood Suites and enjoyed the stay. Rather surprised to see a whole kitchenette and a large closet. Overall the room was really nice with very spacious room and located conveniently next to the highway and only a couple of miles from the campus!

Room tip: Kitchenettes available
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bryce M, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Hi Leslie,

We're so happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we love the feedback and hope you will visit us again. If there is anything we could have done to make your stay better please don't hesitate to reach out to me at bmiller.bmgcd@gmail.com

Bryce M
Guest Experience Champion

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We are very happy with our stay at Candlewood Suites. We had a large room with a recliner and full kitchen. We did not need the kitchen, but were very impressed with everything in the room and the price. The bed was very comfortable, the young man who checked us in was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Bloomington. This was our first ever stay at a Candlewood Suites, but I'm sure it will not be our last.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The recliners are a great way to relax on a stay away from home and friendliness is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

James D,

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My wife noticed, upon arrival, the hotel smelled "off". When we got up to our room the smell of mold was undeniable. Our kids were very disappointed the pool was closed as well. Had we known this practically new hotel would stink like mold and have a non-functioning pool we would have booked a different hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JoeTurner1177
James D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Hello JoeTurner1177,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the disturbance you have experienced during your stay due to the room conditions. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We value your comments and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

James D.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival noticed hotel was new. Last time in Bloomington was groundbreaking. Staff impeccable and willing to go the extra mile. Hotel still in preparation mode which is understandable. Love the smell of new.

Room is spacious and clean. Had to stay in handicap accessible room because prep was still in progress. This hotel and staff will hang with the big dogs when completed.

I stay 200+ nights a year in 130 mid range hotels. The purpose of the reviews are mostly for the patrons. Hopefully this will allow owners/management to improve their hotel and staff.

Nights stayed-1
Will I stay again:
Possibly

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
James D, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Hello Fleetmike,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback regarding your recent visit. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed stay with us in Bloomington, Indiana. A positive guest experience is something that we take very seriously and your feedback will help us to improve that level of service. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you this way.

Thanks,