All reviews great location corner room b line irish lion within walking distance parking garage in town iu campus hotel is located restaurants and bars free breakfast excellent hotel heart of downtown would definitely stay here again staff was very friendly great place to stay room was spacious
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Staff couldn’t be any nicer or more helpful. Close to town and restaurants. We walked to hotel from IU game and wasn’t bad at all. Very clean public and private areas. Quiet at night for sleeping and has nice exercise facilities

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. It is always nice to read that our guests enjoyed their time with us and that the service exceeded expectations. The team and I take great pride in our hotel service and I will be sure to share your review with them.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

Great hotel in a great location. Just off the square where there is great resturtants. short drive to IU campus. 3 minute walk to the convention center. Hotel was in great condition. Hotel staff were very friendly. Very clean. Very good breakfast.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We welcome you back to visit us again.

Reviewed 31 October 2018

This is the #1 hotel my company books through so I picked it. When I got here the room I booked wasn't availble so they put me in one that would have been a cheaper rate. When I asked them if they could reimburse my company IU Health for the difference they said they couldn't since it was booked through a "third party". So they ripped off IU Health. I brought all of my food because they advertised having a refrigerator and I have food allergies/special needs. The refrigerator in my room was not working so I asked for maintenance to come look at it. I was told their was no maintenance available at 8:00 on a Monday night, but they could move me to a smaller room with a refrigerator that works. I asked if they could just move the one that works to my room since I was already unpacked and in a king bed. I had to threaten them with my medical condition before they finally moved it. And....once they did that one didn't work either. So.....all the food $50 worth that I brought went bad. I was so tired and had to be up for my job at 4:45 so I went to bed thinking I would straighten it out with the manager the next day. WHen I called the manager HE defended what they did. What customer service manager does that without apologizing or offering something to make it better?? He then said he would send a maintenence person up to fix it. AN HOUR LATER I decided to get in the shower and get ready for dinner. Apparently they came up when I was in the shower...so they say. I have been on mission trips in 3rd world countries.....granted the actual shower and bed werent as nice as this one, but they took way better care of me for sure!!!! I will be talking to my company about pulling this hotel off their list.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
KirbyBrown, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2018

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. Please know we take your feedback very seriously, and have addressed your concerns with the entire team. I do hope to have another opportunity to show you a true representation of our service level and genuine care for our guests.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

This is a great hotel - nice and clean. All the amenities you would need and expect. Bloomington is so fun and this is exactly the right hotel to stay at when visiting the cute town and college. I'm a big fan of Hyatt Place.

Date of stay: July 2018
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Great location with many restaurants and bars within easily walking distance. Staff is very friendly, public spaces and the room were very clean and well laid out. Breakfast area was very spacious and clean. Meal was average.

Trip type: Travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Hyatt Place Bloomington Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review regarding your recent stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again and give you a five star experience.