“Veganism is magic !”

Golden Lotus Vegan
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in Enmore
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Neighbourhood: Newtown
Description: Sydney, Australia (July, 2015) -- The Golden Lotus Vegan's ambiance is one of friendliness and fresh food, which the founders and staff hope to share by opening additional Australian locations. We want to share our passion for healthy, Asian-inspired vegan foods with everyone. Launched in July 2015, Golden Lotus Vegan is the realisation of our childhood dream -- to blend healthy foods and fresh ingredients with a great atmosphere and friendly service. Growing up in Saigon, we adored the way our traditional Vietnamese family combined locally available ingredients to create flavourful, nutritious meals. It's this passion for warm family gatherings and unforgettable dishes that led us to bring our love of great food to Australia with Golden Lotus Vegan. Open for lunch and dinner, our restaurant was created specifically for you, as it combines fresh products and traditional Vietnamese fare to create innovative meat-free menu items. We create each dish with a blend of fresh vegetables and herbs, including exotic Asian ingredients not commonly found in your average eatery. At Golden Lotus Vegan, we don't want to be common -- we aim to be memorable. Also available for catering functions, Golden Lotus Vegan offers a healthy, vegan solution to group dining and events. Now, your event can include Asian-inspired foods created to stimulate your senses and spark conversation. Tantalise your taste buds with our fresh, 100% vegan menu choices at Golden Lotus Vegan. Whether you're hungry for lunch or dinner, Golden Lotus Vegan is the best alternative to vegan home cooking. You won't be disappointed -- We promise! Looking forward to your arrival, David and Tracy Nguyen Founders, Golden Lotus Vegan
Reviewed 29 June 2018

That was the slogan we found on the wall as we entered Golden Lotus Vegan restaurant located at 341-343 King Street, the main street in Newtown.
Last year I had tried vegan food once in Hongkong, cooked in Chinese style.
We ordered 4 or 5 dishes and I liked more than half of them.
But in Sydney, this was my first experience having vegan food.
Golden Lotus which had just started their business in 2015 serves authentic Vietnamese vegan food, Saigonese style, the place where I presumed the owner originated from.
They operate in two shops but when we went there, one shop was not in use and the other one was almost full.
The walls are painted in green which makes the room not too bright. The counter is in the middle right of the room and on it, there are there are a few pots of fake flowers and decorations.
Tables are arranged on the right and left of the counter but there are also outdoor tables and seats. Altogether I would estimate that this place can accommodate around 50 guests. There are also a few pictures and light decoration hung on the wall.
We ordered Duck pancakes as the entrée and it was just as good as the real Peking Duck wraps.
For mains, we ordered Tofu eggplant hot pot, Fried vegan chicken and combination laksa. The hot pot and the chicken were beautiful cooked and tasted so nice. Only the laksa did not amaze me but overall, it is truly magic because this place serves even more amazing dishes than many other places that serve dishes with real meats. I highly recommended this place especially to whom, who never had this amazing experience. I am sure they won’t regret it!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We ordered laksa soup, bamboo duck noodle soup; portions was very generous, large variety of components in each meal, good prices!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Golden lotus has great service, delicious fresh food and good value for money.

I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

I'm never sure about mock meat. Sometimes, I don't really see the point, but then I think that, if you ignore the mock meat label/concept, it's just another ingredient to add taste and texture to a dish.

The Golden Lotus menu screams mock meat with the dishes labelled as "vegan beef", "vegan chicken", "vegan fish" and so on. Initially, I thought I'd choose a vegetable or tofu dish and then, I though, what the hey - it's all non-meat, so I went for the "beef" rendang. It was great. Really, spicy and the "beef" gave me something to chew on and soak in the sauce. It was very good.

According to my companions, the pho and the sweet and sour dishes were just as good, and they were all very filling. I reckon we'll be back before too long.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

I went to the restaurant with a friend. The staff were very friendly. We sat down and ordered our meal however the food wait time was longer than expected perhaps around 20 minutes.

We ordered the curry chicken and duck with noodles and soup.

The prices here are reasonable for a vegan Vietnamese cuisine.

There is a certain ambiance in the setting.

The food itself was average. The restaurant used fake meat and it was a solid effort to recreating the actual meat. It tasted a bit powdery.