“No”

Woodfire Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #19 of 373 Restaurants in Rockford
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had a very nice waitress and I like the atmosphere. However, do not go for the pizza. The cheese does not even seem real. It’s gritty and does not melt. Drive about an hour north, go to the authentic licensed Napoletana pizzeria in Madison (one of the few in the US) and order anything on their menu. You will be glad you did. Don’t be surprised if you become a regular.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Loved our food. Very different items on the menu. Within walking distance of BMO Harris Bank for shows.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I am a huge fan of Woodfire, as it's something different from the pizza chains and there is nothing like a pizza made in a brick oven. As someone who eats a gluten-free diet, I can attest to they have the best gluten-free crust in town. It's not that cardboard pre-made nonsense that everyone else uses. I was actually so surprised the first time that I called the server over to ensure I did not get the wrong crust. I am NOT someone with Celiac, so I can't speak to gluten contamination. I assume that everything is cross contaminated, as should you! I'd ask about that before ordering. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it. My friends also enjoy their pizza and agree it's a tasty alternative to other pizza places. Great for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

What a nice place to have lunch. Our grandchild has the pasta for children and my wife and I split the Tagliatelli. The service was very good. The food was excellent. All homemade pasta. The bread pudding was out of this world. It was the best I ever had. The ice creams for the grandkids was super. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Birthday dinner for family member, with 2 teenagers. Everyone had a different pizza: pepperoni, breakfast, basil, chicken ranch and buffalo chicken. All very tasty, plenty to share and lots to take home. I had a wedge salad which was wonderful as I had not experienced balsamic combined with blue cheese! It was great! Also the giant meatball and roasted veggies fondue apps were a hit. Great ambiance, love the old brick walls and watching the pizzas made in the stone oven. Only downside for me is the parking. We will be back to try some pasta, and those desserts!!