Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I did the horseback riding, lunch and B&B. The horseback ride was a perfect length and we saw great views. The paella for lunch was great, and we enjoyed relaxing by the pool and having a home cooked dinner.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 27 May 2017

This trip is fantastic. David is a wonderful host and guide for both experienced and beginners alike. The landscape is stunning. The horses are loved, well cared for, and delightful to ride. The setting is stunning-16th century home, verdant garden and pool, 11th and 12th century Templar towers, olive groves, vineyards, poppies bordering the wheat fields, etc. Good food in the nearby village. Having tried a "similar" experience in Tuscany (terrible, horrifying, and miserable), this far surpassed our other experience and then went many steps more into exceeds expectations. This is a horse ride, so be prepared to help groom and ready your horse since David has a couple of you and the horses to look after.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Where do I even begin?

3 of my friends and I had the privilege of spending a day with David and his horses in the Catalan countryside. Best time spent in Spain, hands down.

We did not live in his beautiful home, but spent the day riding through wheat, almond and olive fields, through little organic vineyards, having lunch at a local Catalan restaurant and just soaking in all that the Catalan countryside had to offer.

David is one of the nicest people I have ever met. We almost called to cancel our trip due to bad weather but boy am I glad we did not. He got out some rain jackets for all 4 of us when we arrived, showed us around, prepared some hot tea and made us feel at home.

He then showed us his little stable where his horses, chickens and turkey make their home, introduced us to the horses, saddled them up and we were on our way (we had a brief, hilarious incident that involved a turkey chase, but more about that later)! His horses are, by far, the most well behaved I have ever ridden. All my friends were first time riders and one of them is even truly afraid of horses, but we all got along just fine.

After lunch the sun came out and we felt like we were riding through landscapes where the iconic Windows XP wallpaper was shot, only better.

If you're ever in Spain and in the area, try to spend a day with David, if only to enjoy his company and get lost in the unpolluted environment. Trust me, you'll thank me for it.

Cheers David, I hope I can come back some day!

Aakash.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

A rare gem for lovers of the countryside - horses, cats, chickens, honey bees, organic food and warm hospitality. Me, my wife and 8 year old daughter enjoyed the most amazing week at Cal Perello. Our daughter rode every day under the careful and patient tutelage of David our host. David also proved to be an accomplished cook, serving us simple, delicious food using home grown and local sources ingredients. All in all an honest and rewarding experience for like minded individuals who still value the more meaningful things in life.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank crusoe40
Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I cannot rate this place highly enough. .. David (owner/host), made us feel incredibly welcome and served us delicious meals from his organic farm.
He was a wealth of knowledge and very friendly.
This is the best place I have ever gone horse riding, in a trail riding format. We got a real horse riding experience - unlike many places in Australia where you are only allowed to walk in single file.
Do yourself a favour and stop by for a night or two if you can - an authentic Catalonia hosting / horse riding experience!
Thanks again David!