All reviews front desk dance competition recommend this hotel complimentary breakfast morning breakfast clean hotel great place to stay enjoyed my stay fridge and microwave home away from home restaurants and shopping cleaning staff easy access would stay here again il funeral cleanliness
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Our experience was wonderful and relaxing. The room was clean. The breakfast was delicious and an unexpected treat. There was something for everyone. The hotel was clean. My family had a great experience!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

We are glad you enjoyed a relaxing stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson with your family. Thank you for your good review and please return again in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful,,room was very clean, best breakfast I have had at any place I have stayed,,will be looking for more Hampton Inns to stay in in my travels from now on,,best sleep ever they have great mattresses in their rooms!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank kimberleeann63
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

We are glad you enjoyed a good nights sleep here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson. Our staff appreciate your complements and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I travel for business frequently. This was quite possibly the worst experience I have had. The room had someone else's short and long hairs all over the bathroom floor and in front of the vanity. The motion detecting thermostat shuts off their system after approximately 5 minutes. Laying in the bed the motion detector does not detect your presence and as a result the system shuts down repeatedly while you try to sleep with no option to at least keep the fan running. It was a hot day / night and the room was 76 degrees at all times unless I kept myself moving in front of the unit for an hour or more to get it to cool down but then it would heat back up within a few hours. Quite ridiculous in my opinion. I would not stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Arnette G, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

We really appreciate you for taking the time to express your concerns in regards to your experience with us. We rely on our guest to consult with us on how we can change their stay from a good on to a great one. We are always seeking new ideas to become proactive it exceeding all of our guest expectations during every stay, every time and we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.
Your comments were investigated and our property has taken necessary preventative action by removing the motion sensor system our HVAC units were on. If there is anything we can do to make your stays more enjoyable in the future please do not hesitate to let us know. We appreciate you continuing to choose Hampton Inn's for your accommodation needs, and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We were here for a quick dance competition weekend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel appears to be newly renovated, our room was nice, beds comfy, clean, lots of towels and the hotel was quiet. Only complaint I have is the pool was filthy and the temperature was not regulated well (on Saturday the water was really warm,mid-Sunday morning it was freezing). Hair globs everywhere(filter, bottom of pool, on the pool deck) 0 towels to be found but at least 100 used towels piled high, so much so that the pile extended to the outside of the hamper bin. To be fair the hotel was pretty full during the weekend but it would have been nice to not have to experience seeing other peoples hair globs on my toddlers toes. The free breakfast was great and the morning food staff kept everything restocked. We would stay here again if the competition is at the same location next year.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

We want to thank you for your good review Mary and we hope you did well in the dace competition. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration. We look forward to hosting you again next year.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Friendly staff, beautiful rooms including largest shower I've ever seen and delish food at breakfast. They even did fresh fruit smoothies. The woman at the front desk was able to let me know what places we could walk to to get food too

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

We are glad you enjoyed your room and your shower. Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully we get to host you again soon here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago Southland-Matteson.