Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews gurnee mills front desk six flags a wonderful stay waffles check in was smooth business trip every morning steak and shake the breakfast area cleaning staff clean rooms the general manager fast food would definitely stay here again king bed food options
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Absolutely love this place!!! Compared to other Gurnee Hotels this one goes above an beyond!! Will def recommend to everyone!!! They always had immediate customer service, always friendly no questions asked.

Trip type: Travelled on business
wingate gurnee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2021

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Wingate Gurnee we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

sincerely

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

When I arrived, it was great. Woman at front desk was friendly, helpful, masked properly, and cleaning. It was easy to book a private swimming session for my daughter. We only saw 1 other guest and they were fully masked. Room seemed clean. Pool area was cleaned before our swimming session. We could use text for concierge service. Text response was fast.

The morning was the opposite. I saw 4 employees (1 unmasked, 1 wearing mask half the time, 2 wearing mask under nose). When I texted for service, it was ignored.

General manager approached me unmasked and stood within 6 feet of me to ask how our stay was. He wore a mask some times at the desk and other times did not. I was masked so I don’t know why the manager of the hotel would approach me unmasked.

Man walking around (maybe maintenance?) never wore a mask. He stood around talking and laughing with other employees at front desk and hallway completely unmasked.

Woman doing housekeeping wore mask under nose.

Woman at front desk in the morning had bandana style fabric under nose and she was not friendly at 7am. Pool area was not clean this morning. Table was dirty and there were sparkly things scattered around the floor. It definitely wasn't cleaned before we entered the room.

I would not return to this hotel during Covid times. When the general manager of the hotel is not following masking requirements, I have no faith in his team doing it.

Trip type: Travelled with family

-First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. As you can imagine, I was extremely concerned to see that you have noticed employees not following the mask requirements, I am looking into that issue and have spoken with our employees. It is always our desire to provide the best customer service with the cleanest property, while remaining affordable . This is most disappointing, and I am so sorry. I also realize that apologies sometimes have little value as they always happen after-the-fact and the experience cannot be recreated. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 24 February 2021

Our 4 night was great, the hotel is in a convenient area to access venues. The room was very clean and well appointed and spacious. The staff here was very nice and helpful, we highly recommend this facility for your stay!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
wingate gurnee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Thank you for the lovely review! I appreciate the 5-star rating and then compliments were so nice! We pride ourselves on our wonderful customer service and I am glad that you enjoyed that as well as our recently renovated property! I hope that you will be back the next time you are in Gurnee.

Reviewed 16 February 2021

I don't know, I was not that impressed. Floors creaked when you walked, heater unit made a weird noise all night, walls are paper thin, bagged breakfast was disappointing, staff not very friendly. However, the hotel is remodeled so that was nice! I have been to a lot of hotels at this class level during COVID and I guess I expected more esp since the reviews seemed positive and the price was more than I usually pay.

Date of stay: February 2021
wingate gurnee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

I am deeply sorry that you are so disappointed. We never want a guest to be angry and feel they did not get the top customer service that they expect. We always want the opportunity to fix any issues while you are in house. After you have left it is to late to change anything for you. Please always give us the chance while you are here. Your satisfaction is very important to us.

Reviewed 10 February 2021

I could not be happier with my stay at the WIngate. The staff was exceptionally responsive, friendly and always smiling. My room was cleaned daily and the pool was open with 45 minute blocks so you always has the pool to yourself. I was traveling for a horse show and one of the staff even set aside apples for my horse! Just a wonderful stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
wingate gurnee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Gurnee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Thank you for your 5 star review, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.