“Wow what a sandwich!”

AL & Joe's Delicatessen
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Haven't been in a while. Got a craving for hot pastrami sandwich never had one here.so when the place I wanted to go to was closed I looked them up. Gave them a cal and ordered. Hopped in my car and drove there. It was busy but my sandwich was ready. It was.expensive and I thought "this better be worth it". Omg, So Worth It!!! Piled high hot pastrami on great tasting rye, melt in you mouth tender! And the taste was out of this world!! Best tasting sandwich I've had in a long time. I'll be back for sure!

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed 2 December 2020

ordered 3 entrees all had grit like the kind found in clams. neck bone was in freezer too long. meatball was under cooked, stuffed melrose pepper were mini green peppers threw $60 order in garbage

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 24 June 2020

Went there today 2 ham sandwiches 24.00
Ask for extra meat got all of 2 slices total
Thay charged for pickles
This went down hill big time i wont be back that is for sure

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 19 April 2020 via mobile

Loved their corned beef sandwich. It reminds a real Italian shop of other times (I moved from Italy to Chicago 20 years ago) and the smells, flavors and smiles remind me of home. Thank you guys

Date of visit: April 2020
2  Thank Moreno_chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2020 via mobile

All around excellent subs - this unassuming place makes a very addictive sandwich. There’s a lot to choose from and it’s hand sliced right there as you order. The oil is magical and makes the sandwich heavenly. Work sends me all over the upper midwest and good delis can be hard to find, so every time there’s projects in this area I have to stop in...

Date of visit: March 2020