All reviews amazing views sri lanka viewing deck modern hotel huge balcony surrounding mountains ramboda falls buffet lunch tv channels food quality is hill station restaurant staff double bed nature lovers beautiful location bathtub tea
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

After I had a lovely stay in a Ayurveda resort. For 12 days , i decided I couldn't leave without seeing more of country . I had two surgeries within the year snd needed to heal .
My tour agent recommended the hotel and truthfully I trusted him because he was a native and knew the country .
I was alone . We arrived to the at night . First impression very dark and gloomy hotel . Close your eyes and picture a horror movie , Corridors very dim light and when I had a closer look , the walls were stained with remnants of water and mildew . The room smelled stale like it had been closed for weeks . The paint is black to one side of the room . Walked onto the bathroom the towels were yellow and worn out , floor Matt was torn and raggady . Sheets looked disgusting , door wasn't easily opened or closed . I had surgery and could but strength in closing and opening . I called my tour agent and everything started to changed . New sheets , bath rug , and men came to saw the door down to fit the frame . Mind you they used a piece of glass , and I sat for almost an hour waiting . At dinner the first plate I picked up stuck and I changed it and than it was down hill from there . I was disgusted and couldn't eat . I asked the for my cutlery to be washed so I could eat the fruit I had brought . I went down to sleep . I felt uneasy but I tried to sleep . All of a sudden I hear scratches , nails of some animal running around in the drop ceiling . My ears perked up snd I listen harder than an animal stretched ! I really really couldn't believe what was hearing . There was a family of rats in the ceiling ! I got my phone and started recording . Than I called my travel agent . To make a long story short . Manger changed my room , to the new wing but I had to hold back the tears , and agony that I was feeling . And try to sleep . At night my heart was raising , I thought I d have a heart attack .i decided to tsje a Valium to calm myself down . Again I was alone !
The manger tried to make it up to me the second night with the best room , glass all around with an amazing view . But again that night I heard little feet running inside ceiling .
YES the hotel has an amazing view, open the Curtians at night and let the moon and stars illuminate the room . During the day the view is amazing ! But food is transported to the kitchen uncovered , sorry no plastic wrap I saw it .
Can anyone eat in a hotel infested with rats !

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Manager_OakRayHotels, Manager at Oak Ray Tea Bush Ramboda, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Ayubowan!

Greetings from Oak Ray Tea Bush!
We sincerely appreciate you taking time to provide your feedback on your stay at our property & we regret that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations.

The observations mentioned by you are noted and corrective action will be taken as we constantly strive to maintain the highest standards and give each of our customers a courteous and efficient service.

We once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you,
Manager_OakRay Hotels

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Hotel view was awesome...you can enjoy the authentic Srilankan nature with while you’re sipping favorite tea. Few drawbacks in the hotel such as food was very limited choice and TV channels aren’t working. So pathetic that No tissues kept in the rooms. Please improve the cuisine by adding some traditional Srilankan cuisines. However, atmosphere is fantastic and staffs are whiling to help.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Manager_OakRayHotels, General Manager at Oak Ray Tea Bush Ramboda, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear Haneef

We are working on imroving our standards and will definietley do very soon

Looking forward to seeing you at Oak Ray Tea Bush Hotel, Ramboda

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The views when we got there were amazing but the hotel was from hell.

We opened the balcony door to go and admire the view when we could smell something that I can’t explain...a pipe from the sewage was just leaking and pouring outside the room.

Eventually the smell was coming into the room and was so bad!

Food is like prison food - I’ve never been prison but you get the idea.

Don’t waste your money

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank matt k
Manager_OakRayHotels, General Manager at Oak Ray Tea Bush Ramboda, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Matt K

Deeply regret for the inconvenience caused.

We noted the broken waste water line and it was fixed immdiatley.
Even if we have a buffet meals, we are always with our guests to satisfy them.
we would like to offer you your request on your next visit.

Thak yoi

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I’m not usually one to write reviews especially if I have had a bad experience but I feel that I must when it comes to this hotel.

After a very long drive from Ella to the hotel which took around a few hours we arrived at the hotel and went to check in.

There was some confusion about the booking which was done online using a third party, it seemed that we disturbed a informal meeting that was taking place at reception between the receptionist, chef and some other staff.

We were told to wait whilst they sort out the reservation - was very unprofessional, then we asked if they could provide accommodation for the driver (as most hotels do).

They said that they will arrange a room - this is a normal procedure for hotels to do)...so we informed our driver and he was happy.

Then after we got our key for our room - 20 minutes waiting around, we were told that they don’t have rooms for the drivers they only provide breakfast.

Finally we got to our room - full of mosquitos, not even exaggerating here.

No air conditioning - just a fan which did NOTHING.

No water pressure in the bath shower

No hot water at all - so if you like cold showers then this hotel is for you.

Throughout the night including the morning, you can hear people walking in and out of the hallway, the light from the hall comes into the room.

Also we got woken by children running up and down outside the room, our sleep was ruined if I’m honest.

Breakfast: well I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and I’ve had amazing breakfasts and I’ve also had basic breakfasts.

The breakfast at this hotel was horrendous, all the food was left unconverted for hours from when the restaurant opens (7:30am)

All the food was cold including the hash browns, grilled tomatoes and sausages.

The bread section was stale bread which was apparently “fresh”

The fruit was just left uncovered and also bad selection too.

We ordered a cappuccino which from my experience is usually included in a breakfast plan, when we ordered this we were not told that’s an extra charge - we wouldn’t have minded paying it.

But when we finished our so called breakfast and went to call the elevator to go back to the room, one of the waiters came running over as if we were in a restaurant and tried avoiding the bill.

Was really embarrassing to be honest, he said that we haven’t paid for the cappuccino, we told him that we were never informed that it was extra and he said that it’s extra, so we paid.

This has to be the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at in my entire life!

The only great thing about this hotel is the view, so if none of the above effects you then go ahead and stay here to take some amazing pictures.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Omar M
Manager_OakRayHotels, Manager at Oak Ray Tea Bush Ramboda, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Omar

Thank you for your constructive comments on TripAdvisor.
And we regret for the inconvenience caused during your stay.
We could have made your stay more comfortable if the management was informed sir.

There are instances that we need to go to the reception since its the main point of the hotel and the information center.
Accommodation for drivers are provided only on availability. We rarely get mosquitoes in our rooms and have provided vaporizors in each room.

Will make sure that immidiate actions are taken and corrected, sir.

Please enjoy rest of your tiour in Sri Lanka and once again, appologies for the inconveniance caused.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

We just stopped for a refreshing cup of tea, and found views from the Ramboda falls to the three reservoirs - Randenigala, Rantembe and Kothmale - spread out for us in the valley below. The staff are friendly and helpful, with a moderate but well organised tea and Sri Lankan artifacts musuem, and the craft shop looks interesting although we didnt stop. Good place to buy loose leaf tea and tea bags, both flavoured and not.

Stayed: July 2018

Dear Shyamali

Thank you for your lovely comments.

We would like you and your family to stay at least one night to experience the rest of our services!