8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hyatt.comUS$152
Agoda.comUS$152
Trip.comUS$169
ExpediaUS$152
Hotels.comUS$152
ZenHotels.comUS$197
1,216 results
All reviews pump room the gold coast public hotel beautiful neighborhood lincoln park the entire staff room service lake michigan love this hotel wonderful hotel upon check mag mile few blocks the magnificent mile kenzie lobby celebrities
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2019

This hotel is in a gorgeous location. It's surrounded by beautiful and stately Chicago style "brownstones" and homes. It's location is extremely walkable to many major city attractions (Mag Mile, Hancock Building, etc) and the Redline train is just a 5 minute walk. The beach path and LSD are literally down the street. From the beach path it's a super easy walk or bike ride to Lincoln Park.

The hotel bar was very relaxing and full of history. I stuck to wine but their cocktails looked super yummy.

The only issue I had with this hotel was that my room didn't have a closet. I found it super odd because I never not had a closet in my hotel room before. I didn't have anything to hang, but my travel companion did. She had to drap her dress on an arm chair. They should at least have like a clothing rack somewhere in the room if they can't build out a closet.

Date of stay: August 2019
AmbassadorChicago, Front Office Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2019

Good Morning Erin,

I am glad you enjoy the location of our hotel as much as we do. Our hotel is conveniently located to all Chicago has to offer and we are happy that you were able to get the full Chicago experience.

You will definitely have to visit us again soon to try one of our delicious cocktail.

I would like to apologize that the room you were given did not have a closet. Please reach out to the hotel directly during your next booking and we will be happy to personally handle your reservation so that your next room is equipped with all the necessities.

We hope you will visit us again soon!

Kindly,

Ambassador Team

Reviewed 3 September 2019 via mobile

Lovely boutique hotel in a magnificent neighborhood, the Gold Coast. Rooms were partially modernized, a bit on the small size, but comfortable with a very comfortable bed, which was a bit low. Large walk in closet and modernized bathroom. The service is pretty good, the ambience in the lobby and lounge was quite chic. Great location for walking in north Chicago, Lincoln park, and quick ride to other areas.

Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank naomi_steinberger
Bre Smith , Guest Services / Front Office at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2021

Hi naomi_steinberger,

Thanks so much for this review, and I'm glad you enjoyed our quaint hotel! We hope you'll come back to our property again soon as we are now branded as part of the Hyatt family!

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

A beautiful hotel in a great area. The hotel is a couple of blocks from the magnificent mile in the most beautiful neighborhood. It is wonderful that you can walk a couple of blocks and be out of the hectic area of the city. There are still so many restaurants within a block of the hotel. The hotel has such a great bar. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was huge and very comfortable. There is no microwave but you can request one. There is a bar refrigerator which we emptied and used to store our own snacks. And this is the crazy part and downside of the room - there are two large walk in closets in the room which are lovely, right next to the tiniest bathroom. Why couldn’t, there be just one closet, you are only there on holiday and make the bathroom bigger. The space where the toilet is, is really a tight squeeze. Otherwise, the room is very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again. We loved being so close to all the action but being in a quieter area. The walk to downtown is a five minute stroll. I loved that the hotel was so modern but with such an interesting history. You can see all the photos of the famous people that used to frequent the hotel in the past. We loved it. A real upmarket hotel

2  Thank Foodeatersa
Bre Smith , Guest Services / Front Office at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

Foodeatersa,

I'm so glad to read reviews like this that appreciate our unique charm within the Gold Coast neighborhood! I truly hope you come back to visit us again now that we've rebranded and are part of the awesome Hyatt family!

Reviewed 24 August 2019 via mobile

The hotel is descent located in a nice neighborhood with plenty of food choices within walking distance. The rooms are kind of small but the bathroom is what kind led me to the review. Not only is it very small it has a toilet you would find at a truck stop. One you have to flush with your foot. Total turn off since I didn’t want to use my house shoe each time to flush. The staff was very nice the rooms could use a little updating not a bad stay the beds where on a platform that sat low to the floor didn’t sleep that well. I probably wouldn’t stay again especially because of the bathroom and the platform beds

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank luvv999

luvv999,

I'm so sorry that your stay with us was less than stellar. We've branded as part of the Hyatt family, and we hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

The Ambassador has been the best hotels I’ve stayed in by far, the staff is super helpful, very educated on the night life and best restaurants around. The bell hop Ishmaeel was outstanding. Will return soon.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AmbassadorChicago, Guest Relations Manager at Ambassador Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Mr. Taylor,

We are so happy to hear that your stay was great! Thank you for staying with us. We will pass along your kind, generous feedback to our staff. We are excited to have you return! Feel free to reach out prior to your next visit should you have any special requests or questions.

Maria Maldonado