“Great for Large Groups!”

Macello Ristorante - Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Macello Ristorante - Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #567 of 10,258 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$30 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: West Loop
Cross street: Racine
Transit: Green Line - Ashland/Grand Stop
Description: Pugliese Cuisine. Steaks - Chops - Pasta - Pizza 2 Wood-Burning Ovens Ranked "#2 Best Pizza", Chicago Magazine Patio in the summer Complementary Parking During Lunch (11:30am-3:00pm)
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Our family celebrated my son's graduation from UIC with a fun dinner at Macello's. My son and his fiancee live in Chicago, and this is one of their favorite restaurants. Our group included 7 adults and 3 kids. Fortunately, we had reservations and were placed at a large table in the back, which was perfect for us. To keep it simple, we ordered several different pizzas, along with some really good salads. We also enjoyed several bottles of excellent and reasonably priced wine! The wait staff was outstanding and so personable. They were very helpful with the kids, including one child with severe dairy allergies. Even the desserts were good! We had a delightful evening and will return again. I love the decor and atmosphere.

Angie M, Manager at Macello Ristorante - Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It's like music to my ears. I am glad that you and family had a fantastic time. Macello's thank you for dining and hope that there are many more memories made here at Macello.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We were here for a party( the host rented the entire restaurant for the afternoon).
First the decor is wonderful...fun friendly and a place you want to be at.
Second, service over the top. Couldn't do enough for us. Felt very welcoming. Another reason to come back.
Third, fixed menu. They just kept bringing different dishes. I though everything was great except the chicken. Wasn't bad, just ordinary. I bet their Chicken Versuvio would be great.
I can't imagine that anyone wouldn't like this place. I did read other reviews and often wonder what people want. When I saw that Blaze pizza and Giordono's is rated higher I scratch my head. Guess it takes all kinds to make a world.
Why not a 5. Because it was a fixed menu I didn't get to try what I would to have really judged this place

You will just have to come back and eat what you want to eat with out limitations. See you soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Just west of downtown under the Lake Street tracks, Macello’s is a casual friendly place that attracts a mixed clientele for a good meal. Steamed mussels were good (don’t get the stuffed mussels...too much breading filler), thin crust pizzas from the wood burning oven make a nice appetizer, langanelle pasta with prawns was excellent, as was the lamp chop entree. Gelato was a good finish after a big meal. You can bring your own wine (corkage fee of $20 is very reasonable for a downtown location). On street parking or valet...but only a short cab or Uber ride from downtown. Service was terrific...everyone was friendly and it made for a nice experience all around.

Well it sounds like you will just have to come back. IF you are in the neighborhood during the week, Macello offers happy hour 3:00pm-6:00pm Tuesday thru Thursday, 1/2 price select appetizers.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had no complaints--but we experienced nothing spectacular either. There are better options in the West Loop, but if you are in the mood for pizza, this is a good choice.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

What a find but apparently we were the only ones that didn't know about it. Fun atmosphere, really good food, some live Italian music and awesome service (Christian?). I have been talking this up and we will definitely be back, which is unusual for us as we like to try new restaurants. Best new discovery for us in a while.

Sounds like you have found a gem in the westloop. We are always here to service you. Half Price bottles of wine on Wednesdays as well. :-)