The Buckingham Club
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsathletic clubthe financial districtoffice buildingchicago stock exchangecontinental breakfastchange elevatorsthe loopchicago board of tradeblue linewillis towerkey fobgreat view from the roomlarge poolsecurity guardcta stoptop floortraditional hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2018

If you are looking for friendliness at the front desk, a spotless clean room, and more privacy than your own home. Look no further the Buckingham Club is a terrific hotel and I will definitely continue staying here when staying in Chicago

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Julianne W, Guest Relations Manager at The Buckingham Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

What a fantastic review! Thank you kindly for the nice words about the staff and our rooms, you're always a welcome guest with us!

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Can’t fault the room, and such fabulous views. Bed very comfortable. Decor is getting on a bit, but it’s fine. Sometimes the room cleaning was a bit half-hearted, but everything was clean.

It’s just a bit strange - it doesn’t feel like a hotel as the reception is in the lobby area of a big office block, and to get to the restaurant (and gym), you had to descend 40 floors, walk around to another set of lifts and go up 3. I didn’t bother with the restaurant - which is shut st weekends. They do provide some rather nasty pastries for weekend breakfast in a small ‘club’ room on the same floor as the rooms.

It is worth it for the views, though I don’t joke if I’ll stay again. Really convenient for the blue line from the airport and the loop.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Julianne W, Guest Relations Manager at The Buckingham Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hello MuddyBath,

Nice to hear from you! We appreciate and totally understand your feedback- we are an unusual hotel, and we do have Great Views, and we're happy you stayed with us! We're working on some improvements to the weekend breakfast spread, and in the near future hope to implement some upgrades to the rooms. Perhaps you will give us another chance the next time you're in town.

Cheers!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I needed a place to stay near the loop for some wedding planning with my daughter. My usual place to stay had high rates so I thought I’d see if I could find a nearby hotel at a better price. For this particular Friday rate was $89 on booking.com. Great spot! Very friendly at check in, great view - all rooms are on 40th floor. Room was large with comfy bed, mini fridge, shower and tub (bathroom was a good size too), coffee maker, hair dryer. Snacks and beverages are available for purchase. Very secure too. You have access to health club. I never went but did take a peak. Very nice. There is also a lounge on the 40th floor with computer, printer, ice machine, microwave. This would be a perfect spot for a family traveling to see the sights as you are close to museums etc. El stop is out the door. This is not a hotel per se but a club that offers overnight rooms. M-F there is a restaurant and lounge open - I arrived after closing so can’t comment. Definitely will return. Such a nice change from a big hotel chain!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Julianne W, Guest Relations Manager at The Buckingham Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely and well rounded review! We appreciate your feedback! We make a great location for wedding blocks, just saying... :) We have event space on the 3rd floor, and a new French restaurant opening on our plaza this summer! Please come visit us again the next time you're in town.

Best,

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Selected this hotel based on my client's location (in the same building) and corporate rate. The room had a great view, but lacked some of the amenities I have come to expect (microwave, breakfast, etc.). Being in the financial district, most of the casual restaurants and sandwich shops are only open during the day, but the walk to the Skydeck and Millenium Park is reasonable. The best part of this hotel is the view and the staff, especially Yecenia. What an amazing person! Yecenia was friendly, extremely helpful, and very patient for this tourist's first trip to Chicago. I hope Yecenia is working the next time I visit, because I need really good directions in my wanderings.

Room Tip: The building is primarily office space in the heart of the financial district. Don't be surprised by the lack of signage.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Julianne W, Public Relations Manager at The Buckingham Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for staying with us! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your interactions with Yecenia, I'll be sure to share that information with our General Manager.

We are working on adding some amenities to our offerings, hopefully the next time you come and stay with us we'll have some of them implemented!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The cab driver didn't believe this was a hotel and I wasn't sure either until I went in and asked the lone security guard. After a few minutes the front desk man came down and checked me in. You have to get a security badge for the office building and then change elevators to get to the 40th floor. Once you're there it's a nice room with great views, but no amenities like room service or a bar lounge. It was great for me because it connects directly to the CBOE where I had business, so I could avoid the 20 degree Chicago day! I've heard it has access to a great athletic club but I didn't have time to check it out.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Julianne W, Public Relations Manager at The Buckingham Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Hello there, and Happy New Year!

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We are actively working on improving our hotel signage in the vicinity and inside the building, we certainly want our guests to feel at home the second they step foot on property! Please come visit us again in the future to check out some of the amenity upgrades we're working on as well!