Lowest prices for your stay
US$170
Agoda.comUS$156
ExpediaUS$162
Hotels.comUS$162
3,322 results
All reviews rooftop bar fourth floor great hotel river north whole foods boutique hotel front desk staff enjoyed my stay great room bed was very comfortable michigan avenue the magnificent mile few blocks the loop io hip elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2022

Had a great time at the Godfrey for my 21st birthday. Room was great with a nice view of the city and all our needs were accommodated. Our favorite part was the rooftop bar and lounge. Would stay again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 161leliah
Shardae P, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2022

Hi 161leliah,

Thank you for celebrating your 21st birthday with us!. From our great city views to our rooftop bar and lounge, we're thrilled to know you enjoyed yourself. Thanks again for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2022 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the Godfrey over the weekend. The location was perfect. Close to shopping and restaurants. Beautiful weather for the rooftop lounge, the view was perfect. The staff in all areas were very friendly. We will be back soon!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank C9906QBmarca
Shardae P, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2022

Hi C9906QBmarca,

Thank you for your kind review and for visiting us recently! We're so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. From our great location to our rooftop lounge and friendly team members — we’re happy to know you enjoyed yourself. Thanks again for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 7 March 2022 via mobile

The good:

Central location in River North that is close to a lot of great places to eat and things to do. Service was great and staff was very friendly.

The bad:

Beds were extremely firm and not that comfortable. Valet charges were half the cost of the room. There was someone/people smoking cigarettes on our floor and everything smelled of it. Had some weirdos on our floor also trying to ask us for a lighter and then fighting loudly from 3am - 4am. They could use some better security. The rooms also need some updating, the bathrooms were kind of shabby for the area.

Room tip: Take valet cost ($70 a day) into account when booking and weighing cost of the room.
Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank BunnyFish7
Shardae P, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2022

Hi BunnyFish7 - We would like to take the opportunity to speak with you further to discuss your visit in depth. Please view the private message we have sent. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 February 2022 via mobile

I decided to treat myself to a staycation at The Godfrey since I successfully completed Term 3 of my graduate program and I’m glad that I did. The location of the hotel is ideal. Not only was I able to relax but I did some shopping as well. There are plenty of stores and restaurants nearby. The staff was very nice. I asked for a few suggestions on what to do while I stayed at the hotel and they did just that. I look forward to staying again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank asco1985
Shardae P, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2022

Hi asco1985,
First of all, congratulations on your recent graduation!! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent staycation and were able to enjoy some relaxing time - and some shopping time. From our great location to our kind team members, we're really happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 28 February 2022

I made the reservation over the phone, I would like to thank Shardae she was super nice and kind. I appreciate her taking the time out answering all my questions. Kudos to Shardae and the twins at the front desk. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 96shawannah

96shawannah,
Thank you for your kind review and for visiting us recently! It was my pleasure to help you book your stay and answer your questions. We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful day. Thanks again for your recommendation and please visit us again soon!