“Great introductory tour”

Add it.
Chicago Pedway Tour
Ranked #65 of 186 Tours in Chicago
Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Margaret was entertaining and friendly as our guide. This is a brief introduction to the Chicago Pedway system. There were only three of us on the tour, a great size for a tour. Margaret gave suggestions on good places for lunch afterward. The tour lasted 1 1/2 hours and ended in Macy's, the former Marshall Fields.

Reviewed 19 January 2016

A good friend and I booked this thinking it would be interesting to do on a cold winter day in Chicago. The tour was very informative, interesting and unique. Margaret the guide/owner has obviously done a bit of homework on the Pedway and enjoys sharing the information with her customers.

Reviewed 13 July 2015

We've been to Chicago many times and were looking for something we hadn't covered on previous trips. As we'd never even been aware of the Pedway, this tour seemed interesting. Margaret, our tour guide, was full of energy, enthusiasm and local knowledge as we hiked from the 'posher' areas of the Pedway to the grottier areas - explaining the reasons for the diversity of the various zones. We shot past Tiffany windows, people on their way to get married at the County Court House, divisions in buildings where City bureaucracy colided with State bureaucracy (sadly with the demarcation evident even down to the floor shine!), a bit of Chicago history (old stuff and the more recent) and loads more. The tour took one and a half hours, which we felt was just about right. Again, Margaret is keen and enthusiastic about the Pedway and her city, and we (me, husband and 25 yr. old son) would recommend this tour.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

I was down for something touristy but have already hit the highlights. I wanted something cool and fun.

And I agree with the other reviewers.

This is fun! Different! Quirky! Not crowded! Intimate!

Margaret is great! Entertaining! Warm! Knowledgeable!

I am already planning to go back to Chicago and want to take my kids on Margaret's Binoculars tour.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

We bought our tickets with a groupon voucher so saved some money.

Our tour guide was very informative and was a vast wealth of knowledge. It's very interesting how the pedway works and was nothing like I had imagined. He kept having pop quizzes with gift cards as prises, but we never managed to win! We were each given a packet of chicago mix popcorn from a small shop near a train station ( don't remeber the name)