“I Second That”

Add it.
Chicago Pedway Tour
Ranked #67 of 186 Tours in Chicago
Reviewed 1 June 2015

I was down for something touristy but have already hit the highlights. I wanted something cool and fun.

And I agree with the other reviewers.

This is fun! Different! Quirky! Not crowded! Intimate!

Margaret is great! Entertaining! Warm! Knowledgeable!

I am already planning to go back to Chicago and want to take my kids on Margaret's Binoculars tour.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

We bought our tickets with a groupon voucher so saved some money.

Our tour guide was very informative and was a vast wealth of knowledge. It's very interesting how the pedway works and was nothing like I had imagined. He kept having pop quizzes with gift cards as prises, but we never managed to win! We were each given a packet of chicago mix popcorn from a small shop near a train station ( don't remeber the name)

Reviewed 11 December 2014

My husband and I were attracted by the fun, quirky sound of this tour, and it totally lived up to our expectations. It was a great way to spend 90 minutes on a cold December day, and Margaret was a wonderful guide--funny, friendly, down-to-earth, and really knowledgeable (and enthusiastic) about Chicago and its history. It was cool to get this underground perspective on the city, and to hear Margaret's interesting and often funny stories as we walked through the Pedway. There were a couple of real highlights: the stained glass windows (including a Tiffany) mounted in the pedway near The Store Formerly Known as Marshall Fields, and the tour of the Chicago Cultural Center. We lucked out and happened to be there on a Wedding Saturday, when brief ceremonies are held for multiple marrying couples--such a fun chaos of multiple brides and wedding parties in that gorgeous setting! There were 7 of us in the tour, which was a perfect size group. We'd definitely recommend this fun tour!

Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

I took the Pedway Tour in December 2014. Margaret is one of the funniest and friendliest tour guides ever.
The Chicago pedway tour is perfect for a winter time activity. You are not outside at all, and you get to see the city from a different perspective.
The highlight of the tour is the trip into the Chicago Cultural Center. The Tiffany dome is amazing. Margaret was also very knowledgeable about all the stops we made and told engaging stories about each.
If you are looking for a fun and slightly off the beaten path tour, I recommend this one.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

A fun, interesting tour during winter months. It included lots of interesting facts. Margaret was very animated and made the tour fly.