Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$326
Trip.com
Expedia
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
Snaptravel
2,265 results
All reviews navy pier lake view lobby bar mini fridge michigan ave mag mile the magnificent mile concierge hip valet
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2022

I picked this because the recent reviews and the price were ok. The water in the bathroom was brown and the reason I was given was “it’s an old hotel” and things break. On the positive side they fixed the problem pretty quickly. Wifi was appalling, and TV constantly cut out with no signal. This is a VERY dated hotel, room decor and fixtures are bad and they need a serious overhaul.

I typically go for a Marriott hotel but would NEVER recommend this one! If I could have given 0 I would have!

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nicop6384
Josue Hernandez, Guest Services / Front Office at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2022

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the experience and please note that we will pass this information to our department leaders so we can address the issues for future guests. Thank you for choosing and staying at the W Chicago Lakeshore.

Reviewed 15 April 2022 via mobile

Normally I don’t take the time to put a bad review but this time our visit couldn’t be worse. Sewer odors would come from the bathroom. The bathroom has disgusting old school tile that may have not been cleaned in decades. The room did not have any ventilation and smelled awful. Keep in mind I paid for the most expensive room at this property and I could not imagine the other rooms.

The sewer smell gave me fever the exact date we arrived, I strongly believe the rooms are not even safe due to the problem with the sewer odor.

I tried to cancel the rest of the reservation and get a refund for the days I would not stay but the management refused to do so because i had prepaid the whole stay.

I decided to leave the next day despite they would not refund and get a stay in a decent hotel for the next days of my stay in chicago.

All I can say is that these guys are thieves for not even trying to refund for a service that made me sick for the following days and that for sure you can get better stays in Chicago for less of what I paid to the W Hotel.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank galoxavier
Josue Hernandez, Guest Services / Front Office at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2022

Thank you for your feedback! We like to apologize for the experience during your stay as it is not a standard here.

Reviewed 26 March 2022

I was in Chicago for business and was staying on the Magnificent Mile, but decided to try out the W for a night. This was the first time I stayed at a W and it was what I was expecting. It is very hip and modern.

While it is not on Michigan Ave where most of the action is, we still found the location to be quite convenient as it was only a 15 minute walk. If the weather is good, it's a nice stroll.

I think the best part of the hotel is the view of the Lake.

In addition, since the pandemic I feel like service has been severely lacking, but that was not the case when we checked in. Precious at the front desk was one of the most professional associates that has checked me in for a long time. Even when we checked out, the other associate who helped was clearly trained.

I think it is strange that they offer Platinum guests a $10 breakfast credit as that seems low if you want a full breakfast.

I used a suite night upgrade that cleared for a Marvelous suite and we enjoyed the room. As said previously, the highlight was the view. I will say that the room has clear signs of wear and tear. The tile in the bathroom was cracked in multiple places and the neon furniture they chose does show some discoloration.

In summary, we would stay here again as the value was definitely there.

Pros
Great price
Lake view
Fantastic front desk staff

Cons
Signs of wear and tear
Platinum breakfast credit is only $10

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JustinGDanville
Reviewed 23 March 2022

Booked a room with a lake view. Got up to the room and noticed in the bathroom there was fecal matter on the shower curtain. I called down to the front desk and they were going to send someone up to the room. No one ever came so I went down to the front desk myself. They had no other rooms and so they canceled my reservation and told me a manager would call the next day to follow up. I had not heard all week so I called myself and they wrote up a case #. Still didn't hear back so I called again. The manager was going to follow up to get the refund processed. I have never had such a horrible experience at a hotel. I was late to the event I had that evening and had to find a hotel last minute. I will not be staying at the W again. I wonder if the room was even clean in the first place. Why housekeeping would think that would be okay to leave on the shower curtain. I highly suggest not staying here.

1  Thank mimiWR9
Josue Hernandez, Guest Services / Front Office at W Chicago - Lakeshore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2022

Thank you for your feedback, Cleanliness is a top priority in our hotel and do apologize if this was not the case. Please ensure that we have taken the necessary steps to address this issue at hand and hope that you will give us another opportunity if your travels ever find you back in Chicago.

Reviewed 9 March 2022

Was quite upset that I got this through letting Priceline select my hotel- I was upset because this place is too far from Michigan Ave.however the weather was perfect for walking so it didn't bother me at all. Did not care for the hotel when I stayed there years ago- it was dark and loud and just too hip for me ( I wasn't even that old then ! ) Well the whole place has been remodeled recently and it is bright and light -spacious room , even had a built in sectional ! Great bathroom, great bed, fabulous pillows. Staff was all very friendly- especially Pierre in valet. Only downside it is hard to get a cab at this location without help from the Valet. Coffee served in the lobby every morning- nice touch. Liked so many things about this hotel- glad I tried it again.

Room tip: higher floor- try to face Navy Pier