Museum of Science and Industry

Book in advance
from
US$114.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Museum of Science and Industry
Chicago CityPASS
358 Reviews
from US$114.00
from US$61.75
from US$94.05
from US$299.00
11,066 results
All reviews coal mine u boat all ages german submarine submarine tour fairy castle human body baby chicks tesla coil flight simulator interactive exhibits hands on activities kids and adults tornado wwii genetic maze
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2022 via mobile

This museum is strickly for kids and families with young kids. The submarine (U-505) exhibit, antique cars, IMAX films, and the Apollo 8 command module were the only exhibits that most adults would find interesting. The worst thing about this museum is that there are several other exhibits, which seemed interesting by their descriptions, that each charged extra for you to see, after already paying to get into the museum.

2  Thank Darryl G
Reviewed 21 April 2022

Traveling with 3 children age 5,8,11 all found something to do and have fun with at the museum. We stayed all day and still had more to see. (Teachers get in free but you have to register on the website and get a code but it is well worth it.)

1  Thank janesX7344AH
Reviewed 17 April 2022 via mobile

The best museum in the Chicago area for all ages and interests. Lots to do, lots to touch, lots to explore from a really wide variety of themes in this museum. Once you find your way (got confused with the color coded stairs) the exhibits are laid out just so - so you can go through them without missing anything. Obviously the best exhibit is the German U-Boat - need to book in advance for the special inside tour. You really need 3-5hrs to do the whole thing and we really did not miss anything.

1  Thank avazacopoulos
Reviewed 11 April 2022 via mobile

MSI is absolutely huge and you definitely need to make an entire day out of it. We liked the Tesla Coil, Chick Hatchery, Extreme Ice, the Mirror Maze and the U505 Submarine the best. I took my teen and tween and they were entertained & hopefully picked up some new knowledge as I know I did.
Maybe it’s because I haven’t been anywhere since our last family vacation in 2019 (thanks pandemic) but I found that MSI is bonkers expensive. The price of admission was fine, but the extra tours were overpriced. $18 a ticket to tour the inside of the Submarine for what was less than 30 minutes. The tour guide was awesome (shout out to Max) and I learned a lot, but I felt the cost was a bit much. The Coal Mine, the Bricks exhibit, the Giant Dome theater were all extra. So, for 3 of us for admission and only the Submarine tour it was $106!
I spent time thinking how I felt that the pricing could make these experiences out of reach for some people so it would be nice if admission either included one extra or if they just made the extras a little more affordable.
We did get lunch there and spent $35 for 4 hot dog, chip & pop combos. Later on I did get the kids a scoop of ice cream which was large and reasonably priced for $3.99.
We took the bus there from our hotel and that was very easy so do not be intimidated by public transport!
If you are choosing between the Field
Museum or MSI I would choose the Field Museum. Glad we went here and experienced it though!

1  Thank millekat02
Reviewed 7 April 2022

Very interesting and interactive museum. We spent almost an entire day there to get through everything. The coolest things there are the storm areas. Learned a lot and had a ton of fun activities, especially for kids. I also really enjoyed the airplanes and the cool little model they made for the trains. The Black Creativity exhibit was better than some of the art at the Art Institute. So much talent!