Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$229
ExpediaUS$229
Trip.comUS$229
Agoda.comUS$229
FindHotelUS$229
TripadvisorUS$229
All reviews west loop fulton market record player avocado toast loft room hipster vibe free street parking every single staff member restaurant staff walking distance bars and restaurants enjoyed my stay turntable plywood stumptown staycation wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2020

I stayed at the Ace Dec 5 through the 9th and it instantly became my new favorite hotel. The manager, Drew was so friendly and accommodating and really made me feel at home. My room was spectacular! Super spacious, clean, and comfortable. My place to stay every trip back to Chicago, I'll be seeing you again soon. Thank you Drew and Ace Hotel for providing the best hospitality.

Date of stay: December 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Went to the Ace for a local night away and the Ace thoroughly impressed me. Since the pandemic I’ve been to a handful of properties to get away locally. I’ve never stayed at the Ace before but have been there for a wedding when they first opened and another art/music event, some time ago, pre covid.

As far as how they’re operating, I haven’t had this experience at any other property. They give you sanitizing wipe packets upon check in for the room. As we approached the room, there was a sticker seal on the door - indicating that the room was cleaned and hadn’t been opened since then. On their site, they share they are keeping rooms empty for 24 hours after cleaning for precaution. These things were a nice touch and I appreciate that as a guest in a covid world.

The room was nice and not particularly small even though it was a “small” room. Large shower and toilet with the sink separate from the enclosed bathroom. Comfortable headboard which I want to find for myself. Room was clean and the record player with records is an awesome touch. I liked that there were shelves for my beauty products/hairbrush in the sink area as opposed to having to leave it on the sink top. Hangers and extra hooks, but no drawers in the room, which I would’ve liked, but wasn’t a big deal.

There’s a hot water kettle in the room but no glasses or cups, which was a mild bummer but sharing so you can note and request at the front desk, which I imagine could provide.

Reservation came with breakfast which was grab&go from the front desk and pretty impressive. Likely due to City Mouse(Lula) running their food service. Options that morning were smoked salmon, yogurt parfait, or overnight oats. We got the smoked salmon and parfait with coffees to go back to the room which tasted like a decent medium/light roast. The smoked salmon came with crisp bread, creme fraiche, hard boiled egg, red onions. The salmon was beautiful and easily one of the best quality lox I’ve had in this city. Yogurt parfait came with Greek yogurt, fruit cup(berries and plums), Honeycrisp apple, and a house made granola bar that was delicious.

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Ace. Between the location and experience, I’d come back to stay for sure even though I live 10 minutes away.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lin982
Reviewed 11 September 2020 via mobile

The pictures on the website looks pretty amazing. But the first thing that strikes you when you enter the hotel in the afternoon (we arrived around 5) is the lighting. The hotel looked dark inside when we first arrived. The corridors also looked dark. In the morning though everything looked lovely. The rooms are medium sized with an industrial look. The layout was a bit odd with no sink in the washroom itself but near the entrance of the room. We had 2 rooms. I asked for a fridge and microwave. They gave a fridge but not the microwave. I’m glad we did have the fridge to store some drinks and leftover food. All rooms came with lots of snacks (even condoms and a vibrator- not kidding). The price list on the mini bar and snacks was very hefty which I guess is not a surprise. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel where we had breakfast everyday. Breakfast was supposed to be complimentary but due to Covid they were only doing packed breakfast. However due to the large number of guests they gave tickets to the restaurant for a sit down breakfast after 9 am. I had to go and collect it every morning at 7 which was a bit annoying because they were really supposed to have given that at the time of check in. Robert at the front desk was very helpful and always greeted you with a smile. He was the solver of all problems and so very pleasant with it. I wish the other staff there were the same.

Parking at $25 was a bit of a nightmare. The underground parking was full of furniture just stuffed in many corners. They were there for the whole social distance rules and Covid issue and the hotel was clearly still adjusting to the changed circumstances. Going back and forth from the parking garage was no fun. The parking spots were nearly always taken. You had to call in every time you wanted to enter which I guess at least means it is secure. The location of the hotel was amazing near Fulton market and the West Loop. Google is just opposite the hotel. It is surrounded with restaurants, really good ones. The walls of the roads around the hotel have a lot of graffiti and art painted on them.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sarchakra
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

The Ace Hotel is in a great location; accessible to the great dining in Fulton Market and the West Loop. Unfortunately that is the only thing I liked about the hotel. The staff weren't necessarily unfriendly but they didn't go out of their way to help. The decor of the room and layout were terrible (Loft room). I can appreciate minimalism and the industrial look, but for the price of this hotel I wasn't expecting sheets of plywood made into a desk/table, not a single piece of artwork in the room (even though the website indicates there is art by local artists), terrible lighting that makes the room look sad, no bathroom door so when you take a shower you are on display to whoever is in the sitting area, and a toilet room that was dark, dingy and looked like a gas station bathroom. Additionally the air conditioner was extremely loud, the power outlets weren't conveniently placed and you couldn't access the safe because the closet door was blocking it. But, hey, there was a guitar in the room and some records. I like unusual, boutique hotels but the Ace missed the mark.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dheronimus
Reviewed 18 March 2020

No complaints. Nice hotel, nice bath, nice bar. Weird to have a coffee maker in the room, but no coffee. Service was attentive and responsive. Loved being able to text them our needs! And hat tip to the valet guy who pointed me to an exceptionally close and open spot on the street rather than take my keys and charge me for parking. Much appreciated!

Date of stay: March 2020