8 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$236
Hotels.comUS$236
TripadvisorUS$236
ZenHotels.com
3,428 results
All reviews state and lake rooftop bar wit hotel warm cookies great location the theater district the loop diamond member corner room hotel guests millennium park the bean blue line valet parking art institute michigan ave navy pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2022

We had a great stay at the Wit. The rooftop was a wonderful experience. Bianca our server was friendly, efficient and took great care of us. Zachary the concierge recommended wonderful places for us to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He arranged the reservations as well. So sorry but I do not have the last name of the wonderful man who arranges for my transportation to the airport on the day of my departure at the last minute. Everyone was extremely friendly and went out of their way to help in any way they could from check in with Mayte until check out again with Mayte.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 9 April 2022 via mobile

Kudos, to the staff. Zachary, provided excellent recommendations for a true Chicago experience. Thanks DeAndre, I appreciate your positive can do attitude. Tia, our conversation in reference to customer service was a great personal encounter to remember. Cara thanks so much for your warm and bubbly personality. All in all this was the best customer experience we have had in our travels. Thanks again to all of you, for giving us your BEST. Sincerely, The Jordans

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2022 via mobile

Just checking in was wonderful! De Andre the concierge went Above and beyond running to get us a cab and in general being amazing. LaTia at the front desk was so sweet with great shopping ideas for my teen and I. Then Bo the restaurant general manager even went above when bringing us dinner, my teen had bought a remote control car, He helped us get the batteries in as we did not have scissors or a screwdriver. I had not realised when booking the spa is normally closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday but the spa staff even came in on a day off so we could get facials on our last day here before we left! Just an exceptional service and such friendly staff! Love that you can just text the front desk with any needs! The room was great but the staff took everything next level. Made our girls week away even better than I hoped. PS the food was great too! We had lunch one day, breakfast another and dinner too so we completely checked out the whole hotel. Worth every penny!! Thank you all so much for making our stay so nice!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JayBug564
Reviewed 29 March 2022

The service that this hotel provides is one of the best I’ve encountered. The front desk manager David Williams goes above and beyond to make sure guests are taken care of. We had an issue prior to coming when something happened in the system that canceled our upgraded suite and David took care of it without any issues and never once made me feel like it was a problem at all. He also recognized my voice and introduced himself again. He then asked what we enjoyed doing and took time to make us a list of things that would be perfect for our group. I travel to Chicago at least 3 times a year and no place has ever helped us like this. You can tell he leads by example because the rest of the front desk staff are always willing to help and are just as friendly. The rooms are spacious (king spa suite) and very clean. We requested lots of towels and feather free and all requests were met prior to us coming in. (That is one issue I’ve been having with Hilton. We normally have to call and have the room de-feathered and I am highly allergic). I love how guest staying at The Wit automatically get wrist bands to go to roof top bar. Awesome bar and atmosphere. Bartenders at first weren’t too friendly to non-regulars but a little kindness and patience led to them loosening up and taking better care of us. Hotel is close to everything from food, to shopping, to pubs and bars. I have found my new Chicago home. Will be back at the end of April!

Date of stay: March 2022
Robert Ramos, Guest Services / Front Office at theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2022

Thank you for taking the time to write about David and his excellent service. We have truly have a great staff and are proud of everyone. We hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

We stayed three nights March 23 in rooms 2501/02. The staff service at front desk, restaurant, and housekeeping were excellent. The elevators were fast and smooth and the location could not be beat for Magnificent Mile, the Loop, and Millennium Park.

While we enjoyed the spaciousness and view of our Paramount Suite and adjoining room, the fit and finish of the spaces were below expectations and cannot be described as polished interiors. The Spa tub did not have on operable drain stopper, rendering the tub useless. We reported this early but probably the hotel needed parts not on hand to make the fix. A shower handle fell off and needed repair. The TV in the suite living room would not work and the entire TV needed to be swapped out by the maintenance team. The fabrics and carpeting especially were quite worn. Carpeting wrinkled and faded throughout and fraying at the edges in several areas. Sofa and chair cushions overly worn. There was a slow leak from presumably the Spa bathroom that caused a wet patch of carpet 3-4 square feet large our entire stay (we couldn't precisely find the source of water, the tile in the bathroom was dry).

We reported all of these items and what they could easily fix they did so promptly. Overall our two rooms were simply very dated, worn, and not in the best working order.

Room tip: We parked in Millennium Park garage which was easy and cost effective.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Good day,

We apologize for all the maintenance issues you experienced during your visit to The Wit Hotel. We are pleased to hear the staff you encountered were helpful and courteous. We are going under a full rooms renovation the end of this year in November.