All reviews glass shower deliver towels requested items great location unique hotel coolest hotel cutting edge fun hotel cool decor cool hotel marriott points an iron block from michigan ave room service city view rooms are modern awesome hotel
Reviewed 18 September 2018

What a great hotel! I stayed here in March of '18 which was a very cold and rainy week. But, the hotel was fabulous and the bar in the lobby made some really great craft cocktails which is a must see. Also, order some extra towels or water to your room. You will be pleasantly surprised when you see a robot drop them off!!

Room tip: all the rooms are magnificent.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AllysonM305, Front Office Manager at Hotel EMC2, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Kirby W,

We loved reading your 5-star review and thank you for taking the time to share feedback. I am glad you were able to cozy up in the Albert and enjoy a wonderful cocktail. Leo & Cleo, our delivery robots, love greeting our guests and bringing up small amenity items. We look forward to being your home away from home the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

It's definitely worth calling the front desk to ask them to send the robot up to your room with fresh towels for the novelty of it. Rooms are also very thoughtful, there's an old horn-type apparatus that you can place your ipod in to amplify the music. The bar also had some nice, hand-crafted cocktails.

Date of stay: March 2018

nathanjames87,

Thank you for choosing Hotel EMC2 and for leaving a few words from your stay. The guestrooms are truly one-of-a-kind and feature so many unique touches. My personal favorite is also the horn shaped like an old phonograph in which you can amplify music from your phone. We hope to welcome you back to the Albert for another delicious drink.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Loved staying here one night- the decor is so unusual and so fun. I have never seen a hotel like this. They even have 2 little robots that will deliver towels or something you forget- how cute is that- it is a throughly modern hotel that is probably geared to hip millenniums but they were very , very friendly and helpful to this middle age couple ! Great beds, pillows, shower, etc. Be ware though the bathroom has no real door except for the toilet room and the shower is completely glass but there is a curtain that goes all around it when in use if you want. Such a clever decor and a great location. Restaurant and bar is beautiful - again, a very nice staff. Have read great reviews about the Albert , we just had a drink there but sure looked nice.

Date of stay: September 2018

pickEeater13,

Our team loved reading your review and were so happy they could help during your visit! Thank you for choosing our one-of-a-kind hotel as your home away from home in the Wind City. At Hotel EMC2, we pride ourselves on delivering an experience that is "Exactly Like Nothing Else" and I am delighted we could exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited this hotel last weekend only stayed in this hotel for one night, but we would’ve gladly stayed longer. We had a long weekend in the city and our other 2 nights were booked in a separate hotel closer to a concert we were attending but we agreed that we’d have much rather stayed the whole weekend at this hotel. The rooms were incredible, especially the amazing bathrooms and the staff (including the robots— so fun!) was so kind. Daniel, the bellman was a real standout- his customer service was top notch and his personality kept us laughing. I almost never remember to review anything, from restaurants to hotel stays, etc but I had already made a mental note to say something about this place once I got back home. Wonderful hotel, perfect location, and all of the staff were very welcoming and kind. We will definitely be back to Chicago soon and look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

ariannek272018,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your stay at Hotel EMC2. Daniel was so happy he could help while you were at the hotel. We would have loved to host you for your entire stay in Chicago but look forward to being your home away from home the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 15 September 2018

I stayed at EMC2 Hotel for the night of 22 August 2018. The hotel is a boutique hotel in central Chicago, within easy walking distance to many tourist attractions, such as The Bean. The concept of the hotel is unique, unlike anything I have seen in my many travels around the world.

This is the first time I have had the pleasure of being served by a robot. The hotel has two robots, named Leo and Cleo. They follow basic instructions, such as the delivery of water to the room. Once the robot arrives at your room it takes control of the TV through Wi-Fi and sends you a message that it is waiting at the door with your items. A nice concept.

The room is lovely. It is the first time ever I have seen a steamer in a room, as opposed to an iron. Also the shower in the middle of the room is a nice idea. All the mod-cons in the room make you want for nothing.

I found the prices charged for the drinks in the bar really high. I am not sure how the hotel can justify these exorbitant drink prices.

A special word of thanks to Dwayne, the bellman – always willing to go the extra mile for the guests, including showing us just how wonderfully efficient their robot is. And for sharing stories of his extensive travels around the world.

I just wish I had more than one night to spend at this lovely hotel. If I find myself back in Chicago then I would definitely choose Hotel EMC2 again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

LuxuryTravelCamel,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for posting a review from your stay. Dwayne was delighted he could help and share information about Hotel EMC2. We are glad you could use all of the unique touches in the room for your stay to be one-of-a-kind. Please reach out to me directly the next time your travels bring you to the Windy City so I can personally ensure you have a seamless visit.