The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
2,090 results
All reviewshotel burnhamatwood cafereliance buildingmillennium parkthe loopmarshall fieldsdaniel burnhamstate streetcupcakeskimpton hotelshistoric buildingwine hournordstrom rackoffice buildingart instituteboutique hotelthe theater district
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cant say enough good things about the hotel and the service from the staff esp. Darnell and Omar. Room was beautiful with high ceilings and great views of the street and the beds were amazing!

The restaurant was such a disappointment. The first night went for a drink they were having problems with the draft lines and ended up pouring me 3/4 of a beer and a lot of foam but I still got charged for a full one. Never offered me a menu even thought many others were eating at bar and took a while to flag down a bartender to even get my check. Went back the next afternoon hoping to get an appetizer, after being seated the waitress went to get us some waters and after 10-15mins never returned. We then moved over to the sofa seating when a large group left and again someone came over and said they would send a waitress right over. Another 10-15mins went by and we just left. Felt in both instances they had 0 interest in welcoming us, such a shock compared to the knock-your-socks-off service provided by the hotel staff. I wish the hotel offered other dining/drinking options would not recommend the Atwood to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tabitha L, Supervisor at The Alise Chicago - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Semc228,

We sincerely apologize for the experience you had with us during your visits to the Atwood restaurant. This is definitely not indicative of the high level of service we attempt to provide. We are in the process of reviewing all of your feedback. We have shared this information with our Management department of Atwood as we want to make sure that the problem is being corrected. Should you have further details to share from your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at your hotel for the first time and had a wonderful time. We were so impressed by the attentive customer service we received and the gorgeous facility. The room was comfortable, extremely clean and had everything we needed. We want to give an extra thanks to Hima at the front desk who helped us celebrate our daughter's birthday by sending a cake up to our room. This kind act meant a lot to us and made her birthday extra special.

Room Tip: We would have liked to have an extra blanket for the fold out couch but did not request one ourselves. Otherwise we loved the room and will definitely be coming back.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michellesanderso2018,

We are delighted to hear you loved everything!. It is our goal to exceed expectations. We will certainly pass the compliments on to our team. We hope to see you back very soon!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is close to everything Chicago. Walking distance to Blue Line Subway to O'Hare. Staff was friendly and helpful. Food & Bar service was great. Valet parking available but if you want go across the street to self park. Felt very safe.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark G,
Thank you so much for this amazing review! It is our goal to exceed expectations. We will certainly pass all of the compliments on to our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago or any of our other properties.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can't begin to say how much we loved this hotel. This hotel is beautiful! The staff was very nice and helpful. Brunch in Atwoods was delicious! it is the perfect location to walk to Millennium park and Navy Pier. And it was affordable for downtown Chicago prices. The beds were incredibly comfortable. It is a luxury hotel at a mid-range price. You can even take home the pineapple slippers.

Room Tip: Our corner room had two great windows. Large and sunny.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for the glowing review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our historical hotel and all of its charm. Our Atwood restaurant is quite amazing and we definitely share your review with the hotel and restaurant staff. We hope to see you again soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love this hotel and stayed here several times even though it's a long hike from where I work when I'm in Chicago. The only drawback has been a consistently long wait to check in. The shortest was 15 minutes. Once it was well over half an hour from the time I walked in until getting my room key. It seems the front desk is just permanently understaffed, at least in the evening. There's also never any apology or even acknowledgement of the long wait, which reinforces my experience that it's just business as usual for this hotel.

But my last visit finally caused me to stop booking the hotel for myself. I've also stopped recommending it to friends and coworkers. After the customarily long stand in the entryway waiting to check in, it was finally my turn and the clerk handed me a room key.

When I got to the room and opened the door, there was another guest there who was in the process of changing clothes. We had been checked into the same room! Of course, I immediately excused myself and went back down to the front desk. I received a half-heated apology and a key for the room immediately above my originally assigned room. I believe the clerk also asked if she could send me

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Brian,

We apologize for the experience you had with us during your recent stay. This is definitely not indicative of the high level of service we attempted to provide. We are in the process of reviewing all of your feedback.We have shared this information with our Management department as we want to make sure that the problem is being corrected. Should you have further details to share from your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Again, we sincerely apologize.