“So so”
Review of Neoteca

Neoteca
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Barrington
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Description: Neoteca is a modern wood-fired pizzeria & wine bar located in Downtown Barrington.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Four of us excited to have lunch on neoteca’s patio. After a 20 minute wait, we were seated. Little things bothered us: they were out of straws, drinks came without ice or too much ice, our server barely bothered with us. The charcuterie ($25) was skimpy and the chicken panini sandwiches ($13) were so so. The margherita pizza (normally a favorite) had great end crust but was soupy and had a few blobs of scattered mozzarella. There are far better restaurants in the area- Italian and otherwise.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed 20 July 2020

my buddies and i went to neo-teca for wine and pizza. haven't been year in a couple of years, due to covid19. the atmosphere very relaxed. not a wine conniseur, so cannot comment on wine list. my friend brought a bottle of wine($20 open fee). really liked the pizza, it is larger than i remember it, even though it considered a personal serving. we ate several. the pizza with alot of different meats was very good. sauce has a little hot tang to it. my buddies had the special pizza of the night, cauliflower, white sauce, etc. my one friend enjoyed the variety of specialty beers. gonna have to return soon with the wives.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank loveadeal55
Reviewed 3 December 2019

We went here for lunch with family. The staff were welcoming and friendly. We ordered a selection of starters and then we shared mainly pizzas. I loved the thin base Italian style pizzas - flavour was good and cooked in a proper pizza oven. I liked the fact that you could choose a tomato based or cheese based pizza. I will definitely visit this place again when in Barrington.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 21 September 2019

My sister was in town for a visit. The two of us were hungry for pizza so we stopped by Neoteca for lunch. We split a Calamari Fritto to start. It was plentiful and really good. We had the Margherita and Pomodoro pizzas. I added some prosciutto and black olives to mine. The pizza is very authentic and cooked in a wood-fired oven.

We split a pistachio gelato for dessert. Service was very good, friendly and quick.

Date of visit: July 2019
4  Thank Deborah T
Reviewed 19 September 2019

The menu had a good selection of pizzas, white sauce and red. All pizzas were a thin crust with fresh toppings. This is an upsacale pizza restuarant and worth a visit. Nice collection of wins and beers. Intertesting art work on the walls.

Date of visit: September 2019